SUBCONTRACTING WORK OUT

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

SUBCONTRACTING WORK OUT

Postby patricia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Is it usual for someone to subcontract work out. I put in an advert for a tiler in July and had three people around and one seemed suitable however he was awkward to get hold off and busy etc. Just looking up his name and he is an electrician not a tiler or a renderer/plasterer and the person doing the main work who I thought was his partner was unable to come today but they are apparently going to start on Monday but seeing that he is an electrician and that is all it says on his website I feel a bit worried about it. Any advise, no silly comments please.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: SUBCONTRACTING WORK OUT

Postby ajtg1952 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:04 pm

If you're not happy don't let him start He may shout a bit, but that's all.

Try to get a personal recommendation before you take someone on.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm

I Think you are right, he has been going to come since July and I can see why now because he has not been able to get hold of someone to do it and even today the chap who is going to do the rendering was unable to come. I can see my bathroom without the tiles sitting there for weeks whilst I wait for someone to be free to come and render and plaster.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi patricia,
Pop down to your local builders merchant where you bought the Tiles from and get a recommendation... :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:20 pm

I am not having it tiled Enrigque I am having the tiles removed and then the walls rendered and plastered. One wall of tiles will remain. But thank you it is a good idea to pop down to the builders mechants though and get someone so good idea :thumbup: xx

coldelsol

Postby coldelsol » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi Everyone
I'd like to reply to this although the post is a few years old. Patricia originally made the enquiry on Digame for someone to replace a (few) tiles.. I replied and looked at the job for Patricia. On that I advised that the tiles in the bathroom were dangerously hanging on ..as the original spanish method to fix them was sand and cement and lost its adhesion ,you couldnt touch them with out there being movement and at places where the tiles had coe off left a void of about an inch . In time the risk of the tiles would fall on someone in the bath or at the sink, which will either injure someone or be fatal.
I confirm I am qualified electrician as my first trade,and do other multi services in my capacity.The job became a bigger picture!
The agreement was tiles to be removed and the wall to be plastered ,which is also in my scope of work! When Patricia advised me she wanted a silk to touch finish is when I said I would reccomend my friend Phil Stockton who is an excellent UK trained plasterer. At no time was this orchestrated to subcontract out in any means. I would not benefit monies from it!. It was soley to get Patricia the best job and also work for my friend.
It was hindered by impatience and Summer season of July August September and the tempreture was too uncomfortable to work in a confined space and added to that it was an apartment a few floors up.
I am sorry that Patricia had come to this page instead of actually talking to me. I understand she lost confidence but I had her interest at heart.
I found the blog by chance searching my website via google to see how it was doing ,only to find this. I feel that Patricia has portrayed me in an ill manner.
Colin Jeffrey

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:58 pm

This forum is not the place to carry on this discussion as there are going to be two very differents stories.

If Patricia wishes to discuss it further with you she can do it by PM.

Sid