Autumn Statement 25th November

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Autumn Statement 25th November

Postby gerryh » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:57 pm

El Cid wrote:Yes, but do they keep records of who leaves the UK?

Sid
Probably not. But all I am suggesting is that the government could, with the "cooperation" of transport systems have all the information on who is in or out of the country and for how long.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:18 pm

For disputes about where you might have been for substantial periods, credit/debit card use is accessed, apparently.
Chris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:57 am

gerryh wrote:
El Cid wrote:Yes, but do they keep records of who leaves the UK?

Sid
Probably not. But all I am suggesting is that the government could, with the "cooperation" of transport systems have all the information on who is in or out of the country and for how long.
Cheers
Gerry
Don't know if it's changed but at the Channel Tunnel it used to be a case of just waving the passport out of the window when we went through it, much like entering and leaving Gib. On entering the UK our passports seem to go into a scanner, but on entering Spain they often only give it a cursory glance. I do wonder where the UK get their figures of people leaving the UK when they quote their net immigration figures (and those moving into the Uk for that matter :wtf: )

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:33 pm

None of this really matters as the people who need the benefits won't be going anywhere and the people that don't, will. All this Government moving goalposts makes it very hard for ordinary people to plan their futures. I made retirement plans, as advised by the Government, based on receiving a pension at 60. I set my plans in motion. In the blink of an eye the Government undid all my planning without telling me in advance. I've got to wait until 64 years and 5 months for my pension. Just as well I don't need it - but imagine if I did!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:48 am

Lavanda wrote:In the blink of an eye the Government undid all my planning without telling me in advance. I've got to wait until 64 years and 5 months for my pension. Just as well I don't need it - but imagine if I did!
I've got to wait until I'm 66 :thumbdown: Like you it was always 60 for much of my working life although I was aware I had to wait until 65 when I gave up work in 2000. Then they moved it on another year for both of us after we moved here. Thank goodness for our civil service/local government pensions which was all part of our early retirement plan.

I still don't know how anyone would know if pensioners decided to while away the cold winter months in Benidorm. They used to say that it was cheaper to stay there on a full board basis for a few months than to stay in the UK and pay the heating bills.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:29 pm

It is. A lot of pensioners go for full board at a hotel for the severe winter months, and safe on heating bills, gas etc. You can get some fantastic deals during the winter in Spain.

And as you say Wicksey how on earth is anyone going to check up on you, it will be nigh on impossible I would think!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:38 am

They could never police it. Lots living in Spain claiming pension credit etc. By using uk addresses. The only ones to get caught are the ones who are reported by a friend or relative. Seen a few in the paper but who cares when everyone else from the EU can freeload.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:09 pm

I cannot see how they could police it unless they have to make a declaration or turn up somewhere every so often. I can only see that they could look where the money is being drawn out but that could be gotten around.

So it was all just so much blah to show 'savings' in the benefits by George. :crazy:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 pm

And nobody hasposted a link yet to the original statement so I could read it myself :(

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:17 pm

I'll have a go

Meanwhile from April 2016, recipients of pension credit and housing benefit will no longer get it if they leave Great Britain for more than four consecutive weeks – currently this cut off point is 13 consecutive weeks.

This will impact those who go on a long holiday or have a holiday home abroad. However, those who go away due to exceptional circumstances (eg, a relative's death) won't be hit, as long as they're back within 26 weeks.

Pension credit is an extra payment that guarantees most people over 62 a minimum income. It comes in two parts: the first part is a guaranteed top up for everyone, but how much you'll get for the second part will depend on how much you have in savings. See our Pension Credit guide for more on how it works.

Martin Lewis
Get Martin's Free Money Tips Email!
For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes - join the 10m who get it. Don't miss out

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 pm

Any mention of the Winter Fuel Allowance, ? ( or the Rioja fund, as I have heard it referred to...)

They were going to knock this on the head for people sunning themselves in warmer climes I believe.

Someone has to pay for all those extra bombs they are dropping in Syria.

anyroads

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:43 pm

As far as I know I think for people living in Spain it is not more! Still can always hope that it might turn up, keep smiling :wave:
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:33 am

This is on the official WFA website:-

You can’t get the payment if you live in Cyprus, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Malta, Portugal or Spain because the average winter temperature is higher than the warmest region of the UK.

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am

But cheer up you still have your £20 Xmas box to look forward to!!!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:13 am

Got mine today but it's only £10, not £20
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:41 am