PO Box payment

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

PO Box payment

Postby Wicksey » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:38 pm

I have just picked up the bill for the PO Box and this year they have changed the format of it. In the past it was always due by mid February but now there seems to be a complicated way of working out when it's due.

It says that the "expiry is 1 January 2016" and that you have "from the date of the notice (21/12/15) until 30 days following the date of expiry" in which to pay as I understand it. So if that is right why don't they just say pay by 30 January, or is that too easy? I pay for two boxes with different start dates (the date when you first took the box), but both the expiry dates (1 Jan) are the same.

I shall go and pay it this week I think to be on the safe side.

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: PO Box payment

Postby ebbnflow » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:27 am

Maybe they're actually trying to simplify the system?!

Instead of sending out bills all year round (the different start dates) they can do a single run each year.
The wording, as described, sounds like a catch all to cover the varied dates that preceded the new system.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:15 pm

The bills here were always issued to everyone at the beginning of the year regardless of when they took out the box, with a due date of around 15 Feb.

The PO contract for the boxes runs from 1 Jan to 31 Dec which is why many people take them out around the beginning for the year as we were told in the October that we would have to pay for the whole year to have a box for just the remaining 2 months. We therefore waited until January before taking one.

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:43 pm

We pay by direct debit, and the money is usually taken in early February each year.....

Hope this helps

V

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: PO Box payment & stamp price

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:28 pm

Just been and asked at the PO and the due date for the post box is now 31 January. Presumably if you usually pay by DD this will automatically be adjusted.

BTW .... stamps for 'normal' size envelopes (under 20grs) to the UK are now 1.15€ after the 1 Jan rise!!! Saying that, he still sold me 90c stamps and said they'd be OK for a while.