CHANGING NAME WITH ENDESA

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

CHANGING NAME WITH ENDESA

Postby patricia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:10 am

My friends tenant has moved out and she wants to change the name on the contract to her own.

Do you just go into the Endesa office with an old bill and your NIE number to change it over to your own name. Also do you have to go to the nearest office to the flat or can you go to any Endesa office. Her flat is in Estepona which is a long way to go, so if I can go somewhere nearer that would be good as I shall be taking her. But I do not fancy a long drive down there if I can help it!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

jamesbowker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: CHANGING NAME WITH ENDESA

Postby jamesbowker » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Hi Patricia, you should be able to do this online via endesaclientes.com, you may need to register for an online account if you don't have one already. Once you have an online account the website has a chat facility where you can "talk" to a representative. They do have English speakers if needed but they're not always available so you may need to try a couple of times. Naturally you'll need all relevant NIE numbers. Good luck.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Thank you James for answering to my querie. :thumbup:

It is for a friend who has a flat in Estepona. Unfortunately I have just found out that she doesnt have a NIE number because the flat was in her ex-husband's name who did have an NIE, so we will have to go to a Gestoria to start the process, meanwhile we will pay the bill in cash at the bank until it is sorted out.

I have only just found that out :thumbdown:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 pm

I think she will only be able to change the contract into her name if she can produce an escritura or rental contract with her name on. Not sure though. Good luck! :problem:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:00 pm

She has the escritura, so that bit should be easy enough, but first I think she has to have a NIE not sure of that though so will ask our Gestoria.

Thanks for that :thumbup:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:27 pm

She has an escritura in her name - without an NIE? Think perhaps not?

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Well that is what I did think, however as I am not there and am going down tomorrow I will look to find out. I suspect that the flat is still in her ex-husband's name, so just as well I have booked an appt with a Gestoria! :thumbup:

Anyway if there are any bills at least he will be responsible for them, which is good! :thumbup:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Legally, if the existing contract is in the old tenant's name, the tenant will be responsible for them until they are changed to someone else's.
You're a good friend. Good luck, and let us know how you get on!

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:05 pm

I have owned my apartment for ten years. The electricity is paid from my bank account by direct debit but the bill is still in the name of the first owner from twenty five years ago. My friend had the same situation and went to the Endessa office in Estepona and had the bill changed over to his name without any great problem by a fluent english speaker. Let me know if you need her name.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi Scotty, Thank you for your kind offer. We have sorted it all out now, because there were lots of complications in that my friend needs to get an NIE as she has never had one we have passed it all over to my Gestoria to sort out this morning. When the flat was signed over to her after her divorce she actually did not have to have an NIE number ie pre 1995! But thank you for your response, that was kind of you. But phew it is being sorted now, the whole lot! :thumbup: