Martos, Jaen - Help needed

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
PaulT9
Tourist

Martos, Jaen - Help needed

Postby PaulT9 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:25 am

Hi all
Hope someone can help. We bought a house in Martos a couple of years ago which is in "mid-restoration" - habitable but in a basic way.
Due to constraints (kids, jobs etc) we don't yet get out as much as we'd like and could do with someone to keep an eye on the place, have a key - perhaps let builders in, in the future etc.
We'll be over for most of August to meet up with someone.

Hope someone can help or can recommend a friend

Thanks in advance
Paul & Kate.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Martos, Jaen - Help needed

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Be real careful Paul, domestic habitation laws in Spain can be a nightmare, ie once they're in it's a nightmare to get them out,
There are a lot of desperate people in Spain who would love to have a free place to live, what you need is a cast iron contract declaring that this is a business arrangement only.
My friend let someone house sit for him a number of years ago and it took more than a year to get them out!

deflo
Tourist

Postby deflo » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Hi Paul,

I would be happy to help. It depends when. We are currently in Malta but will return to Martos shortly. We have a house there so do not need accommodation and would be able to monitor activity for you. Email me direct on [email protected] and we can discuss.

Regards,

Denis and Nadja

Rogue
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rogue » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:10 pm

I live in Alcaudete, not far away, but have friends very close to Martos if you need help. It sounds like you already have all the help you need though from the previous kind offer.

PaulT9
Tourist

Postby PaulT9 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:35 pm

Many thanks for your replies, I'll make direct contact.

Thank you for the warning M - obviously something we need to consider!!

Cheers
Paul