Vaillant electronics engineer wanted

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Vaillant electronics engineer wanted

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:47 pm

I have a Vaillant 100 liter Termo (water heater) that stopped working. I replaced it with a new unit of the same but would like to see if I can get the old one fixed and sold s/hand. The immersion heater works so the problem must either be with the temperature sensor or something in the control unit, which is all electronic parts. Does anyone know of a technician who can diagnose the fault so I can evaluate whether it is worth fixing? Torre del Mar/Velez-Malaga preferably, or Malaga itself.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ebbnflow
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Vaillant electronics engineer wanted

Postby ebbnflow » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:29 pm

I doubt you will find a technician willing to actually diagnose and repair beyond just replacing the entire electronics board/module. I guess a new module would be least €100 plus fitting. With a new Vaillant 100l termo coming in at €250 to €350 I can't see you making any profit on the repair when selling on second hand.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Vaillant electronics engineer wanted

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:52 pm

I am less than impressed with Vaillant's customer service, as they have not bothered to reply to an enquiry to their website.....you are probably correct ebbnflow, validating my decision to just buy a new one.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.