Leaving Andalucia....

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Leaving Andalucia....

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:18 pm

There isn't a heading for this, but we have (provisionally) sold our house, and are looking to move to Costa Calida, and I am struggling a bit to know what and how needs changing. We are tax resident, pensioners, with health care under the old S1, and although there is a lot of info on moving to Andalucia apart from going to the UK there is little on changing within Spain. I assume we take our current Certificate de Extranjeros and renew/change address in the new area, but what about taxes? Our digital certificates are also due for renewal next year, so am I best to do the process again but in Murcia region? Registering with the Health authority I am hoping that our current status in Andalucia will be transferable? There is the car to reregister of course, but as with everything one complication is that we will be initially renting whilst we house-hunt, so there will not initially be a permanent address for everything.
If anyone has done this I would be grateful for advice or tips. It looks like we would have a bit of breathing space before completion but want it all packed and gone by the end of March, which I fear will come round soon enough!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leaving Andalucia....

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Can't help with any of your questions Peter. However I'm very pleased you have a buyer for your house and I hope the move goes perfectly for you.

All the very best with it. Congratulations too.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Yes, congratulations. I hope you'll be very happy in your new location. Just don't risk buying any sheds!

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:57 pm

Congratulations.
Try CA Spain

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:59 pm

I am touching wood.....a house is not sold until all the money is in the bank!
I have found a forum based there, all I hope is that there is an ElCid, beachcomber and an Enrique.....plus a gaggle of nice folk as on here.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Will you have to re register the car ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:51 pm

As it is a Spanish registration, and Murcia is within Spain......no, you dippy twit! Lol

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Well Murcia city is lovely. Enjoy the area.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Digital certificates are valid throughout Spain, but when it expires, you may find the new Cl@ve system more convenient to use.

Your green form can be updated with your new address without any further formalities, such as proof of income etc, at the local foreigners office or Policia Nacional.

Your car and driving licence details can be updated at the local town hall. You should also be able to change the local car tax over at the same time.

Health care under the reciprocal arrangements for S1 pensioners should also apply across Spain but you will need to visit INSS to transfer your details to a new card as health care is controlled regionally.

If you are only going to be renting for a short time, I would be inclined to leave any changes until you have a new permanent address, until then consider yourself as an "internal" tourist just visiting the area for a short time.

Just because you have moved from Andalucia doesn't mean you cannot keep asking for help and also contributing on this forum.

Good luck with the move. As a matter of interest, what made you decide to move?

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:04 pm

Reasons for moving? Ignoring location, the house is too big for us, particularly as family visit less (see later) and as we get older cleaning and maintaining become more onerous. We want to relocate much closer to every amenity, so that we do not have to get into the car to buy anything from the weekly shop to a cup of coffee. Being in the campo for a few weeks holiday a year is fine, with travelling around in great scenery part of the benefits, but we are 10km in any direction to small shops and 40+ to major shopping centres.
Our choice of new location has grown on us, as we are (a) ready for a change, ruling out the Axarquia coast - been there, done that! (B) part of the family has bought a holiday apartment up in Murcia and while that link lasts it makes sense to be easier to see them when they are in Spain. One grandaughter has two children, and when they looked at flying to Malaga, hiring a car with two baby seats to come to us, staying for however long then driving up to Murcia with all the problems of getting the car back or paying for one-way hire to fly home from Murcia or Alicante costs really got silly, so we have driven up and stayed nearby for holidays. The Mar Menor area is flat, making getting around on foot or even bicycle easier, especially now we are in our seventies! A final factor is that houses are half the price of anything east of Malaga and as for the Cost of Sol....

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Are MRW better at delivering in Murcia? :angel: :angel:
Good luck with the move, hope it all works out OK for you.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:40 pm

peteroldracer wrote:As it is a Spanish registration, and Murcia is within Spain......no, you dippy twit! Lol
I can see it now . . . . . http://www.murciaexpatsforum.com :lol: :lol: :lol: Thread title " I hate Malaga plated cars !" :lol: :lol: :lol:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Of course there are Brits there, so there will be enough of them defrauding the council with their Brit plates for me to mutter about. Plus of course there has not been such a thing as a 'Malaga plate' since early this century - all plates are national with no regional identification.
On the other hand, I might just retire as critic of the scrotes!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 am

Peter, i can remember you saying long ago that if you had your time over you would never buy in Spain and that you would rent instead..It sounds like you intend to rent first then look at buying again...Perhaps you had a change of heart since that post....
Interesting there seems to be a number of posts of late where someone is either buying or have just sold their property...Is this an indication that the market is really moving?

I wish you well in your move and hope you will be happy, as costakid said Murcia is a lovely city...It will also make a lot of difference having everything on your doorstep...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Pamela, I would still advocate rental rather than buy, but with the vast difference in prices between the two areas we have to consider buying. If it all goes through we will have sufficient buffer to allow flexibility shoukd we need it - when I die the OH could flee to the Uk with adequate funds to rent somewhere with more to come when the house is sold, whereas at the moment most of our funds are tied up in this house.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:43 pm

A small point about tax, which could affect you. Murcia recently removed most of its allowances against IHT, when previously they were very favourable. If you buy another house, it will not be considered your new home until you have lived there for 3 years. That could be an exposure with regard to IHT. Also the 3 year rule applies to CGT. You will not pay any CGT when you sell your present home as you are over 65. If you buy a new house that allowance will not apply until you have lived there for 3 years.

Personally, if I was in your position I would rent not buy.

Sid

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Peter - just out of interest, which estate agent did you use to sell your house?
AlisonB

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Simon Chapman at Rio Estates.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:27 am

Hope all goes well with the move and I wish you all the best for your new life in Murcia. I know the Los Alcázares area on the Mar Menor fairly well, as we have friends there who we go and visit from time to time. It's certainly very different from the Axarquia! Our friends love it, I hope you'll be just as happy.

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:30 am

All the best Peter.
AlisonB