banks

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
bawnbue1
Andalucia.com Amigo

banks

Postby bawnbue1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:37 pm

we are non residents and have a bank account at santander bank torre.
they are always so busy real pain going there there banking website does not offer a translation into English have the google extension but still useless.
we are thinking of changing to either the bank in vineula or one in periana. could any body advise us are these any better user friendly for brits.
also how easy is it to switch banks now we have an account already in Spain.

any help would be most grateful

thanks

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: banks

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Why not just go another branch of your bank thats not so busy.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:42 pm

You may want to think carefully about switching to a bank in a village. There are protests going on at the moment about the closure of the only banks in Arenas and Sayalonga.

http://www.diariosur.es/axarquia/201701 ... 410-v.html

bawnbue1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bawnbue1 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:33 pm

costakid believe me i would if there was a branch near and more convenient but this would not solve the issues we have with there web site even there

atm cards are in Spanish not got the option on language.

its the same every country about cutting costs and closing branches perhaps periana would be best bigger town any one recommend one the banks there??

thanks

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Well I don’t think Natwest website has a Spanish option either. I guess if a Spaniard wants to use it and live here they have to learn the basics of the language

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 pm

I'm surprised Santander doesn't offer their service in English. My bank, a local one, has English options both online and when I use the ATM machine. In fact, when I used to use ATMs 30 years ago with my British bank card, there were English options even way back then.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:05 pm

We have the BBVA online account and have been very happy with it. See here for more info:
https://www.bbva.es/eng/particulares/cl ... /index.jsp

You can get everything on their website in English. And the best part is that there are no maintenance fees.

- Eric S.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Unicaja has a reasonable number of branches.
Website will operate in several languages, including English.
ATM cards allow you to choose which language ATMs operate in, and cards remember your preference.
Chris

PavAmber
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby PavAmber » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:30 pm

We are with Cajamar in Torrox Costa, same applies to their ATM's and also online / telephone banking. That said, I am enjoying trying to find my way around the online banking in Spanish. Hopefully I haven't set up any dodgy DD's as yet :crazy:

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Santander Velez Malaga has three people who speak English. Quite busy but you can usually get seen at some point.I am sure I get website in English and dedicated phone number in English too.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Sorry if I appear to be hijacking the topic but, I'm currently transferring money from my U K bank Just enough to live on and a bit spare £2000 PM, to Deutsche bank In Las Palmas, I was considering keeping a bit more here, not a huge sum but say £15-20000, I read something about a problem with them a couple of days ago, regarding a possible bail out, I may have my wires crossed, but anyone have an opinion about wether I should be very afraid or just careful ?