Sending a letter by registered post

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Sending a letter by registered post

Postby elusive » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Can someone tell me the spanish wording for sending a letter recorded delievery to the uk. Dont want to get the :wtf: look in the post office when i ask

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: Sending a letter by registered post

Postby firsttango » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it's "Carta certificada digital" and it takes 1-4 days approx.
Last edited by firsttango on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi elusive,
Have a read................. :idea:

http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site ... ioma=es_ES

Edited to correct OP's name............ :oops:
Last edited by Enrique on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Thanks all

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 am

I use the 'certificado' mail most weeks, so to add a little more info.

The delivery times do vary, I've had letters delivered to UK in 2 days-7 days and similar to other areas of Europe, you can track the letter, however the info. is not always updated quickly.
It costs 4.00 euros up to 20 grs.in a regular envelope, 21-50 grs. is 4.40 euros. and graduated up to 2 kilos which is 23.05 euros ( good value).
You can also ask for 'urgente' which costs 7.8 euros for 'normalizadas' mail, I've only used it once and it arrived in 3 days, so probably not worth the extra cost. ( the prices quoted are from the 2016 list, they may raise slightly this month )
You can obtain a form from the post office to fill in before you go in , however most of the offices now complete the form for you and you sign a digital pad.
You will get a full copy and they will also give you a copy of conditions ( in English ), you should also keep the 'till' receipt.

Regards,
Gordon

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Thanks

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Just to 'update' some of my previous comments...

As I mentioned the tracking system is very slow to update and I would suggest that is the fault of both Spain and UK post offices .

I rarely bother to check the tracking information unless there is a problem which is infrequent.
If the mail is being dispatched to a private address I always ask the recipient to 'watch out' for it and if they have not received it within 7 working days then they should check with their local sorting office where it is probably sat because the postie didn't bother to leave a note if no answer at the address.
If it is going to a business address it is usually delivered without problem, however it can go astray after arrival, for instance I sent some documents to an insurance company in UK and when after 2 weeks I had not received any communication I had to contact them.
The insurance company said that they had not received my documents, so I was able to say that 'Yes you did ' I sent them by 'Recorded Delivery' and I have proof that someone at your office signed for them, very quickly they found the documents and gave an excuse that they had gone to the wrong department.
So that is the value of using recorded delivery. !
I'm told that the certificado mail is sent to Madrid and will be on it's way to destination within 2 working days, and I've never had any occasion to doubt that, I've never had a lost 'certificado' item and only had one returned because of non delivery-collection, however delivery time is sometimes slower than expected.
I've been using the Spanish postal system since 1989 and have been a high user customer over the years.
So I would suggest that it is not a good idea to trust the tracking system information, contact the recipient , but wait for at least 7 working days.
Regards,
Gordon

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 pm

On at least 2 occasions (in UK) I have received 'signed for' post that wasn't - signed by me that is ! One had a random squiggle, and the other didn't bother at all, even tho' I was clearly visible behind the door if he'd bothered to look up from his phone !!
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:40 pm

Tracking system seems to be correct in my situation as in the post office yesterday their system still said on route or arrived to malaga.ie what it had said from the day it was posted.they tried to look further into it but the systems wouldnt load. Its going to a biz address so shouldnt be a problem signing for it when /if it gets there.

Bottom line is ten days plus for a certified delievery is totally unacceptable.especially when normal post seems to arrive alot quicker.just going from this board and google it seems to be the norm rather than an exception