Residencia REFUSAL due to BREXIT ??

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Residencia REFUSAL due to BREXIT ??

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 pm

:think: has anyone heard anything? ive been told today (a friend saw it on Facebook, so it might all be *!&%$..) that some people went to a national police station to do their residencia and they were refused on account of the finalisation result of the brexit procedure?

Has anyone heard the same? :think:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Residencia REFUSAL due to BREXIT ??

Postby markwilding » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:57 pm

I've also read today that a Dutch woman who has lived in the UK for 24 years, and has two children with her British husband, has been told by the Home Office that she should make arrangements to leave the country after she applied for citizenship after the EU referendum.

However, The Home Office said: “The rights of EU nationals living in the UK remain unchanged while we are a member of the European Union. EU nationals do not require any additional documents to prove their status.”
This should be the same in Spain. We are still members of the EU so still have the right to reside here

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:42 pm

When I read about it, it said that when she applied for citizenship, she was refused because she did not have proof of right of permanent residence, normally granted after 5 years. Unlike in Spain, in the UK you are not required to register as a EU foreigner so they don't give you a certificate of residency like they do in Spain.

The same EU residency rules also apply in the UK but they can't be bothered to implement them as they are optional. Actually under the EU law it's very difficult (at the moment) to deport such a (EU) person even if they don't meet the residency criteria.

It looks like another case of creative journalism.

Sid

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:44 am

The Dutch woman was required to produce an original passport, but sent in a photocopy which could not be accepted, if I recall correctly.
Nothing to do with the referendum result. Legally, nothing has changed, so these stories are questionable.
Facebook is crammed full of fake news and Internet memes. I've given up debunking them and I am going to delete my Facebook account, soon.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:35 pm

i deleted mine last year. i dont believe any of the crap on there.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:47 pm

The Dutch woman had no proof that she was actually Dutch. No original papers apparently as she had been away for over 30 years.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:08 pm

White Horse wrote: I am going to delete my Facebook account, soon.
Is that the same "soon" that I used for twenty years about giving up smoking...?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:35 pm

No, Peter. I've already deleted it...

...Then reactivated it because links can't be viewed easily without being logged in. So I've taken some other measures, so my feed is not full of crud.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:43 pm

I heard this on my car radio. The Spanish government doesn't want negotiate directly with the British government regarding the rights of British citizens living in Spain , particularly pensioners and healthcare as they believe it should be negotiated as part of the EU negotiations

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:55 pm

True.it will be alot easier if theres one rule for everyone rather than each country having to do their own agreements.all the other countries are apart of the EU so there should be one agreement. it should make it alot quicker

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:07 pm

White Horse wrote: ...Then reactivated it because links can't be viewed easily without being logged in. So I've taken some other measures, so my feed is not full of crud.
Why not just set up another account with a dummy name? I even have one for one of my cats!

Sid

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 pm

White Horse wrote:The Dutch woman was required to produce an original passport, but sent in a photocopy which could not be accepted, if I recall correctly.
Nothing to do with the referendum result. Legally, nothing has changed, so these stories are questionable.
Facebook is crammed full of fake news and Internet memes. I've given up debunking them and I am going to delete my Facebook account, soon.
She has a passport, but when she sent in the documents she sent a photocopy which was why her residencia was refused for the UK.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"