Landlord

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Landlord

Postby jaycecampo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 pm

My daughter is renting long term unfurnished town house near Marbella. Her landlord is re tiling the floors in all the 3 bedrooms because of damage. Nothing to do with her, think the house is moving. However, he seems to think it OK for her to live there whilst the work is being done. She is at work all day and is worried about her possessions etc etc. Any ideas....she wants to continue with the tenancy, been there 3 years, think the landlord is happy too but I think he should pay for some of her furniture, personal possessions to be put into storage and offer her alternative accommodation. What do you think ? Think the work will be 2 - 3 weeks.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Landlord

Postby costakid » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:52 am

Why not fit a lock on a room and store all of the stuff in one room. I doubt she will get any joy from him regarding storage costs.

jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jaycecampo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:54 am

Thanks Costakid,
However, as all three bedrooms are being done and the lounge is open plan, no door....

Aadam
Tourist

Postby Aadam » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 am

She is going to need to take a few days off work and sit with the guy while he gets the job done. This way she will feel much more relaxed

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:01 pm

It would depend on what is in the lease. If you are in the UK and carrying out work where the tenant has to move etc, the Landlord has to pay for alternative accommodation, if you do not have a lease and or if it doesnt state that in the lease then he will not be responsible. I would honestly be glad that he is taking care of the place.

I know what you mean though about valuables etc but you could store them somewhere or take them with you.

Also if they do one room at a time she can occupy the other rooms whilst one is being done! I suppose there will be a lot of dust taking up the old tiles so you should get some dust sheets. Plastic ones in the Chinese bazaars cost a Euro or two.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"