Real Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Real Spain

Postby Miro » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:26 pm

Spain isn't disappearing, it's evolving. 50 years from now old people will bemoan the disappearance of the Real Spain of their youth, back in the days when there were millions of two wheeled personal conveyances blasting around polluting the place with their "traditional" internal combustion engines, and people still used mobile phones (instead of biochip brain implants) to communicate. How quaint it was back then, they'll say. Enjoy it while you can now, because the future will be unreal! :lol:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

sujee
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sujee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:54 am

My OH says real Spain is anywhere that your car is older than your abuela! It certainly describes our 'inland flyblown' village well hahaha.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:01 am

Someone posted that Toledo is the real Spain. But which but represents it better? the beautiful old part where many townsfolk probably work or the outskirts, which looks just like many towns and cities in Spain, where the majority of the population live?

Surely. it's all real.

wembason420
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wembason420 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 am

I went to a "Toy Shop" once, as it turned out it was a "Real Shop" :lol:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Of course it's all 'real'. It depends on age and memories, usually nostalgic, for a time in which people lived in 'picturesque' abject poverty. I used to live in Devon — you know — thatched cottages, rose around the door, cream teas and country bumpkins chewing grass scratching their heads about giving directions to Exeter, a city they had heard about but never been to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:48 pm

Clippy mats!!! Muck collector my sis said! Haha...I bet theres lots in Spain they dont want to go back to... :lol: