Newspapers -Granada

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Newspapers -Granada

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Wicksey wrote:
Manchesteral wrote: The mail is completely open and it's not a bad read !
:shock: :? .... can't stand the Mail .... full of 'celebs' and OTT 'shock' stories with too many CAPITAL letters in their titles and takes forever to scroll down the page! We tried it when the Telegraph introduced their subscription charges but couldn't read it everyday.
Used to be a good paper but now a gossip mag. Ok if your in to Kim Kardashian and her far Ars=

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Worse than the Daily Star. On the left they report celeb luvvies complaining about men abusing them and on the left side photos of same celebs posing almost naked :lol: Lots of fake news over Xmas too. One story about high charges at Heathrow was absolutely untrue unless you leave the car in short term. We often park there and pay an average of £80 for a week. DM was quoting figures of over £200. They wrote stories about the Feckhams in Miami for a week and they weren't there. Most of their news/gossip comes from Facebook.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 pm

Quite true katy...what makes me laugh is how the DM without fail every Sept run a scare story about how we are approaching the worst winter in decades...One year it might just come true and the DM's headlines will be " YOU READ IT IN THE MAIL" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Almost as bad as the Guardian and its Virtue Signalling journalists and readers
I So Bella tis you

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

I like the Telegraph sister paper, the wee 'i'

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Afternoon all.

Came up trumps in Granada. First day there found a single copy of the Telegraph in about the sixth kiosk that we tried, but as it was late afternoon, didn't expect too much. Also tried the magazine/papers section in El Corte Inglés on C' Acera del Darro, but all they had left was one crumpled edition of the DMail. Spoke to a kiosk keeper at the bottom of C' Reynes Católicos and he said your are too late, come in the morning early. Their version of early seems to be about 0900, so went up there first thing and found all sorts including Telegraph, Financial Times, New York Times. At about 6pm we found a very nice little bar on the north side of the Rio Genil called the Rincón de Cristóbal. Great choice of beer, cider and wine. They insisted on us trying their Tapas while we got on with the crossword.

On the Sunday morning found a Sunday Times. My life was saved and needless to say, Mrs Alcala was delighted.

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:26 pm

'At about 6pm we found a very nice little bar on the north side of the Rio Genil called the Rincón de Cristóbal. Great choice of beer, cider and wine. They insisted on us trying their Tapas while we got on with the crossword' .... you're living the dream (bring on retirement!)

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:45 pm

hahaha very good result

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:25 pm

The Times Online

Do any of you do any of the crosswords in The Times and use an iPad?

I am trying to print off the easy consise one one my iPad2. The instructions the paper gives do not make sense. Any advice?
I have Googled the problem, looked on iPad forums and just can not find an answer.

Regards

Barry

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Don't know how iPad works, but if it was on my pc, I would screen shot it, paste into Word, & print from there.....
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Email it to yourself and click the link in the email and then you can print it.

Sid

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 pm

I like carrying my crosswords around

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:50 am

El Cid

You are right of course. I was given instructions to look for three small lines at the top right of the crossword and then select that and find the printing icon. Nothing there.
Anyway, as you say email it to yourself and it works very well indeed.

The boss is very pleased indeed.

We spent Saturday evening doing the large Saturday General Knowledge one over a bottle of wine as the rain clouds gathered outside.