Setting up a boating business

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Damgaard

Setting up a boating business

Postby Damgaard » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:39 am

Hi all,

I hope I post this in the right part of the forum.

We are a family of 4 from Sweden considering moving to Costa Del Sol in spring/summer 2019.

We would like to set up a boating business in Benalmadena offering short RIB boat tours to tourists. I hold a commercial captains licence allowing me to captain a boat up to 70 GRT and up to 12 passangers. The license include the STCW Basic Safety Training. Besides that I hold the MCA RIB Master license.

In my research so far I have discovered that we will need a license from Junta de Andalucia which is auctioned out at some point. Does anybody hold any information regarding this license: when are the licenses auctioned out?, what is the auction process?, expected price?, number of licenses available? etc.

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Best regards
Mads Damgaard

Flexo
Resident

Re: Setting up a boating business

Postby Flexo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 am

No idea but you need to talk to a local gestor. Having a business in Spain is a bit different. There are several swedish speaking gestorias in the area, I know one in Fuengirola called Scandinavian Services: http://scandinavianservice.e.telefonica ... ntakt.html

Damgaard

Re: Setting up a boating business

Postby Damgaard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Thank you very much. I will contact them tomorrow and hopefully they can help.