Postal method for passport

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Postal method for passport

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 pm

In order not to fall foul of the dreaded ADC automatic censor I think you will need to to write Frigiliana in full rather than just the first four letters (think about it).

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:44 pm

:-D :-D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:48 am

After a number of phone calls last night and this morning they will now go to my chosen pick up point at the petrol station on the Frigiliana Road. Why on this occasion it did not give me the option of choosing a pick up point close to me I don't know, but I got there eventually.

Not having a proper address for deliveries can be a pain sometimes as I always seem to have difficulties. Thank goodness that Amazon.es use the local post office as a collection point ..... I can collect my parcels whilst checking my PO Box!! (Something I ordered from them last Friday arrived yesterday and postage was only 2.99€.)

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Applied for, and got, a passport renewal for my wife.
Just under 3 weeks from posting to receiving the new one.
Very easy now as it is all online.
Got updates from the time they received the old passport until they dispatched the new one.
hen got very detailed updates , via DHL, of it's progress from the UK to delivery here in Spain.
The DHL online system showed it could be collected from their Malaga depot but the option to choose a local drop off point had been greyed out.
However, got a phone call from the DHL driver to meet him at our local Cepsa fuel station.
So all in all a very easy, but slightly expensive, process.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:32 pm

Has anyone renewed since the new system came in where everything including the picture is done online? What i want to know is at the end of the application do you have to print anything off i presume what would be sent back with your old passport.if so can you sign back in at a later time after you have completed the application and print off what is needed then or does it have to be done at the time you fill in the application. Hoping i can do all the form filling on a tablet or a laptop that isnt connected to a printer then print off any needed docs afterwards?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:54 pm

yes. See the messages above.
All done online, just need to send your old passport back.
All the requirements are listed on https://www.gov.uk/apply-renew-passport
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:26 pm

I have used the internet and done it all online. I then sent off my old passport and when they receive that they send your the new and the old passport in separate envelopes.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:27 pm

No I didnt print anything off it was all done on line.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:56 pm

If I remember righly last year in July ,i had to print out a confirmation out,sign it, date it , that is after I had made the payment by Credit Card or Debit Card online and send it with my old Passport by courier to Ireland. You can monitor the progress of your New Passport Application online right through to the time it is actually couriered back to you together with the old passport in two separate packages.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:26 pm

Yeah family members did that(printed off and signed) when they applied last year but i was wondering if it had now changed as everything is now done online

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Yes it has changed, all done on line.
You sign your new passport when you receive it.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Yes that I second that it is all done online. Nothing to print off.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 am

I recently renewed my passport by doing the paperwork on-line and it was easy. I had to take four photos with my lap top camera before one was accepted as 'correct' and that was that. However, I still had to post back my old passport 'Certificado' but the Passport Office told me when it arrived at their office, told me when they had made my new passport, told me when they were sending it to me and gave me a tracking number. It, and my old passport in a different package, arrived at the shop next door to my house in the village delivered by DHL and the whole thing took 16 days. Not bad.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks all. Much appreciated. Lucky i have a family member living in belfast.so they can take back my old passport when they are here for hols. I guess for security issues when he took other family members back last year he couldnt drop it into the actual office and had to put it in the post box directly outside and have it go through the sorting office! And we complain about spanish quirks :wink:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 am

When I applied for my new passport last year I did everything online, my local Photographers shop (passport office approved) took my photo and sent it to me vial hotmail which i then forwarded to the passport office with my application.

I then transferred the details (of the photograh) to the "archive" section of my hotmail account for a permanent record.

They will not send your new passport to you until they have received the old one back so I thought it prudent to send it by registered post.

I ordered a double size passport with lots of extra pages in anticipation of any post brexit flak from Brussels !

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 14, 2018 10:12 pm

Did anyone have one of those yearly passports that you could get on demand at the Post Office? I remember once in the early nineties I was working a few days up North and due to fly to Malaga direct from Manchester. with OH flying from Heathrow...he flew with my passport in his bag so I just went to a PO and got a temporary a couple of hours before my flight. Really convenient and cheap :mrgreen:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 14, 2018 10:25 pm

I used to have one. I also remember the first time I popped across to France for the day on the ferry in the late seventies. I picked one up which was just for day trips