Frigiliana campo water - safe to drink?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
dingobingo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Frigiliana campo water - safe to drink?

Postby dingobingo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:33 pm

hi folks. I'm not sure why, but since arriving in 2015 I've only drunk bottled water. I just assumed the local water wasn't safe to drink. Now my neighbour tells me he drinks it all the time, has not been sick and tastes good. I live in the campo outside ****. What says you all? Thanks in advance.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Re: Frigiliana campo water - safe to drink?

Postby Lyric » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:42 pm

If unsure there is a lab in the village, if coming round the circumnavigation in the Nerja direction just after passing the school on your right it is on your left, just about opposite the Polish restaurant. If memory serves they will give you a sterile bottle and test your water for about 40€.
If you are on village mains water then it is perfectly safe but does not taste the best. Some "Campo" houses close to the village are connected. Not my definition of Campo.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:45 pm

We never drank the tap water when we lived in Comares, and used Brita filter tap and jugs for anything else that was used for cooking or hot drinks. Neighbours drank the tap water, but there seemed to be a long line of folk suffering then being treated for kidney or bladder stones....very painful!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

dingobingo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby dingobingo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:40 am

Thanks for that, I'll stick to bottles. I've warned my neighbour about the stones :)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Frigiliana water is fantastic, coming as it does from aquifiers deep in the mountains. Elsewhere it would be bottled as mineral water. The only problem is that it is high in calc so can sometimes appear cloudy. Never drunk anything else for 15 years and all internal organs are safe and sound.

The same can not be said for the local grapejuice that is "Frigiliana wine" - that not only gives you kidney stones but also damages your liver, and makes you fall over!

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:29 pm

A brita filter is like 2.5 euros at Carrefour, takes out something like 99.99% of all pollutants (don't remember the number of decimals). You can also get an atmospheric water generator for a few hundred euros that produces water from the air, guaranteed 100% free from any pollutants. Either one beats carrying water from the store.