Where would you advertise house sale.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
marios
Resident

Where would you advertise house sale.

Postby marios » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Were going to put our house up for sale and was wondering were would you advertise on the internet or locally to capture the Scandanavian market as well.

PS our area is south of Estepona near Duquesa (Southern Costa Del Sol)

scotty
Resident

Re: Where would you advertise house sale.

Postby scotty » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Marios, last year I decided to sell and listed my property with Premier Marbella. I've known the owner Patrick since 1993 and he's a really good agent and an honest guy. All the agents use an aggregator site (it scrapes all their ads onto one site ) so you have all properties on the CDS listed by location. The Scandanavians will find your place when they search the locality with their agent. So pick a well established agent that has good reviews etc.

PS. Our place is between San Pedro & Estepona. We got offered the full asking price but then decided not to sell due to a tragedy close to us. A good agent is the key.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Thanks for that scott good advice.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 pm

I pt a property of mine in Estepona on 'Idealista' and got loads of response from all over Europe.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks Unicorn, did it actually sell?.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:13 pm

Yes it did. It was a weird unorthodox property so it took a while

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:50 pm

I think it depends very much on the type of property and especially the location: is it residential/vacation, urban/campo, old/new, mainly Spanish or more foreign owners? etc. etc. Our place was a modern (2003) 2/2 apartment in a small town centre block that appeals to either permanent residents or as holiday homes and to Spaniards & foreigners equally. (It was designed by a Swedish architect in a traditional Andalucian style!) We tried Rightmove, and Idealista & other Spanish portals, and all sorts of agents (including Scandinavian ones), but to describe those agents as utterly useless would be far too generous. After 3 years of trying everything, we ultimately sold to a Spaniard who saw our phone number on the se vende sign in our window: no commission, no fees, no middle man. Everybody was happy (we still keep in touch). Patience is definitely the name of the game!
Good luck.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi Miro, I said to my wife lets just put a sign up with phone No, no she said I don't want a sign, you just can't get through to them the difference in cost, were in Manilva on the border of Cadiz province 20 mins south of Estepona and right on the coast with sea views right in front (250m away).

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:34 am

Not quite sure I understand what you mean about the difference in cost (to what?) It's true, you do get an awful lot of timewasters - dreamers, nosy neighbours, just plain idiots who have no idea of market prices - but anyone who rings at least knows the location, which is more than can be said for some of the clients who estate agents bring round. You just have to have a thick skin and take the insults, don't feel you need to justify the price to anyone, if they don't like it just politely thank them for their call and hang up. If you're serious about selling, it's worth trying - all the agents we tried had three years to find a buyer - they all failed.

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:44 am

I meant the difference from getting a sale with board than with a estate agent ie around here its 5% plus Vat.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:02 am

Get a pay as you go phone and use that number to take calls. As said above at least anyone calling it will have seen it's location. DOn't be afraid of selling without an agent, you don't need one. Put up the Se Vende sign.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:28 am

I live on a fairly busy track, nice house, wonderful views all round, "Se Vende" signs visible going in either direction, not a single call in 12 months.
For me seems a waste of time.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Like I said, every property is different. I guess a "track" in the campo, no matter how busy, relatively speaking, is not going to have quite the same passing traffic/visibility as a town centre apartment on the second floor! Having said that, I would imagine the local "corredor" has seen your sign, so I'm surprised he/she at least hasn't been in touch - or maybe they already know about your property and the price etc.