Recent Application for Residency in Almeria

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
onlinelee
Tourist

Recent Application for Residency in Almeria

Postby onlinelee » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi all,

I am reposting this question as my original was not clear and went off subject.

I would really like to hear about your experience of applying for residency in the Almeria region if at the time of the application whilst retired in Spain you owned your own house but had no income and were living off savings as you were not of pensionable age.

I am advised the government like you to have income of 800€ pppm and refusal is possible even though we have sufficient to take us till way beyond UK state and other pensions kick in. My wife and I can't be alone in this situation??

If you did reply to my other post, thank you, your comments were noted.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Recent Application for Residency in Almeria

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Hi Onlinelee, I didn't see your original post but I can tell you that someone I know (not well) is currently going through a similar process.
The key to this process seems to be in the word "proof", my acquaintence is 56 and has property in England and in excess of £800.000 in the bank in England, when he has recently applied for residency he's not been refused as yet but told by a government employee that having a substantial amount of money in the bank is not necessarily proof of income because there is no guarantee that the money will stay there.
What the official actually said was "there's no guarantee that having been granted residencia, the applicant will not move the money somewhere else".
The official went on to say that there are no hard and fast rules and each case is dealt with on an individual basis and probably will be granted citizenship but nothing is guaranteed, apparently the gold standard for pensioners seeking residency is a government pension paid directly into a Spanish bank account !

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:45 pm

In Almeria both for us and our friends we found that credit cards, balanace in bank accounts etc all counted for nothing. They wanted proof of regular income of one kind or another. Usually over 6 months although they accepted 3 months and a P60 for my wife. They want to see it being paid paid into a Spanish bank. That was our experience at Almeria Oficina of Extranjeros. The first person we saw was very officious and caused us some problems but when we went back we saw a lovely relaxed guy who even took copies that we didn't realise we would need. We had copied everything we could think of but missed out an S1 form.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

onlinelee
Tourist

Postby onlinelee » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Both,

thats very helpful, thank you. I am not surprised by this, my solicitors junior here in Mojacar had suggested I start some kind of Spanish savings plan and leave the formal application for a while. From what you both said it looks like I need to find some kind of solution, thanks again.

gerrynag
Resident

Postby gerrynag » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:43 pm

In my recent experience in the Malaga region of applying for residencia, all I had to show them was my Nota Simple and the house purchase receipt. I took our Spanish bank statements just in case they needed them, but they didn't even ask for them.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Málaga is not in Almeria and like many regions, they set their own rules.

Sid