Car Tax unexpected debit

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
TorreDelAguila
Resident

Car Tax unexpected debit

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Car Tax folk have excelled themselves this week. Paperwork for domiciliado (DD) payment of €86.33 received this week, with a last date for payment of 17 May.

OK, but bit embarrassed to find that they took the payment from the account this week (25 April). Why??

One more identical payment also due, same date, for the other car... :eh:
Chris

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Car Tax unexpected debit

Postby AkoAko » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:09 pm

The last date for payment is for those that pay by means other than DD . Our IBI last year which was considerably more than your car tax was taken by DD a week after being produced , for those not paying by DD they had 2 months to pay , they also got sent a bill , not those paying by DD , we only know what our cost is when we see the debit on our bank statement , we are told though that we can have a bill printed off if we wish , we just need to go to the town hall in person and wait for about 45 minuites .

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm

TDA me too, 170€ for two cars unexpected, I have never paid or asked to pay by DD either.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:36 pm

I know Endesa bills have a 'bank debit date' printed on them, but do car etc tax DD advices carry this info . . . or just a due-by final date?
Chris

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:54 pm

They have the date they were sent, which in my case are different days 26th and 28th and these dates correspond to the dates the sums were stolen from my account. (One from Frigiliana and one from Torrox two days later)
Thinks must change from Frigiliana as I no longer live there.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Here every Official bill will have 2 dates , when payment can be made from and the final date for payment after the final date the bar code will throw it up as to late for payment so you need to go and request a replacement which will be for more money as it will include a fine for late payment .