judiciary

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
wollie
Resident

judiciary

Postby wollie » Sun May 13, 2018 12:01 pm

I have being travelling around Andalucia for nearly 10 years and in towns and villages i have not seen what i would call a courthouse. I have seen one in Seville.
I am wondering how they resolve petty crime, minor larceny, motoring offences, land disputes. I have seen on-here of this denuncia but apart from that
i have never heard of anything. Just curious and i am sure someone here likely know.

Many thanks...

Free at Last
Resident

Re: judiciary

Postby Free at Last » Sun May 13, 2018 12:31 pm

They do exist - we have one here in Vélez-Málaga, which is the administrative capital of the Axarquia area.

There's a list here of where all the Juzgados in Málaga province can be found, and you could use the site to locate them anywhere in Spain, if you were that interested.

http://www.poderjudicial.es/cgpj/es/Pod ... ovincia=29

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 13, 2018 12:42 pm

I would be happy that I have had no comtact with the judiciary here in Spain.
Laws are a little different but there is plenty of stuff going on in the news.
Specifically, the big stuff such as a kid being murdered by his dad’s girlfriend and the rape case in Navarra and don’t forget the constitutional problems in Catalonia.
Reading local papers will give information about the smaller stuff.
BTW, I know three courts close to here which in Spain are called palacio de justicias.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Our local courts are tucked away in a side street where you would never expect to find such a building, with an alarming dearth of parkng available, and on a one way street. Your average tourist would never find it!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Mon May 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Torremolinos has about three courts - all in what outwardly appear to be regular office blocks. The only clue really is the uniforms on the door. I had the misfortune to have to attend one a few years ago as a witness to a serious assault. The initial witness statement was taken in one of these offices, but the actual case before a judge was heard (about three years later) in the Palácio de Justícia in Málaga - a sprawling complex of courts etc.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri May 18, 2018 10:15 am

Thanks for replies.
It seems they are in larger centres and i expected smaller towns would look after local small stuff.
There being an Aytntamiento in every town so i suppose i expected each medium town with population in catchment area of say 10k+ would look after local affairs.