Public doctor near Calahonda

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Public doctor near Calahonda

Postby elusive » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:08 pm

Have you tried getting the meds from a chemist. You can get many things over the counter here

brentles
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brentles » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:42 pm

gerryh wrote:Sorry perhaps I am missing something.
You said you were only here for 4 weeks so why didn't you bring sufficient medication with you?
I can perfectly understand why a Spanish doctor didn't give you a prescription for medication as prescribed by your Swedish doctor. If it happened to be a drug not available/ banned in Spain then he would want to know why your Swedish doctor had prescribed it.
The only way he would know this is by reading your Swedish doctor's report, obviously in Spanish as you couldn't expect him to be fluent in Swedish.
Cheers
Gerry
Hi Gerry, I've actually been here now close to 6 weeks. In Sweden you can only get two months supplies of medications, so they will be running out shortly. I can't see any way of my doctor being able to give me a medical report in Spanish, so I might have to bite the bullet and pay to see a private doctor.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 am

You can get your Swedish doctor's report translated into Spanish by an official translator here in Spain.
The Spanish medical system will accept the report if it has been translated by an official translator.
If you see a private doctor then he will also, probably, require to see a Spanish version of your Swedish doctor's report. You might be able to find a Swedish speaking private doctor.
However, as you will be paying, he might want to diagnose your medical problem and prescribe what he thinks you need.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

brentles
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brentles » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks Gerry, any suggestions where I can look to find an official translator?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:50 am

Why don't you go back to the health centre who said they wanted the report translated into Spanish and ask them for the name/ phone number of a translator.
They might accept a non official, and probably cheaper, one.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

brentles
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brentles » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:40 pm

An update on this. My Spanish teacher at the language school suggested I take in to a nearby pharmacy a list of what drugs I need, to see if they would dispense them over the counter, and lo and behold, all four were available! Saved me the trouble of getting my medical report translated from Swedish into Spanish.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Precisely what Elusive said last Thursday.

Sid