Renta rates in faqs

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Renta rates in faqs

Postby fyfin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:20 pm

I have friends who are resident and have just completed their first tax return (actually done by an accountant here) and are being taxed jointly as the wife has little or no income of her own. He is over 70 and has a state pension and a private pension (not annuity). Their tax bill is around €900 and they were surprised although I think it is quite likely correct but it's just a shock when you get a bill in a lump sum, instead of being deducted at source monthly.

I was going to give them some information so they could calculate it themselves (I don't know their combined income but they have no assets or savings in UK), but I looked at the faqs and the rates seem to be for 2016.

Have they been updated or can someone give me the rates for year ending 31 Dec 2017.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Renta rates in faqs

Postby gerryh » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm

As it states in faqs "Exchange rate for 2017 is 1.1413Eur/GBP"
Also I assume, hope, whoever did their tax returns for them did take notice of the advice given by the program as to whether it is best to submit a joint declaration or individual declarations.
Yes Spanish tax is paid as a lump sum and not by monthly PAYE deductions.
However you can pay 60% of the bill by the 27th of June and the other 40% on 5th November or thereabouts.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Gerry, it's not the exchange rate I'm after. I'm looking for allowances and tax rates based on the info in my post.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:36 pm

They have not changed recently. The rates in the FAQs are current.

There is a tax simulator on the AEAT site https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... &EJER=2017

Sid

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Perfect. Many thanks.