Non-resident tax app

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
M.Foster
Tourist

Non-resident tax app

Postby M.Foster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi sunseeker,

My suggestion to you is to forget about all this mess around and use the app I found that does it all for you. Quite easy to use, just introduce basic information and you file your own tax return and receive a link to download the tax form filed. No headaches, no complications. I fully recommend it.

I am surprised that no one else is making any comment about the app.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby Enrique » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:24 pm

Hi,

"I am surprised that no one else is making any comment about the app".......probably as you haven't told us what the App is called......... :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

M.Foster
Tourist

Postby M.Foster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Sorry, the app is simpletax

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:31 pm

I would guess that the app is called 'Simpletax'. It is shown as having been downloaded five times but does not show a rating and whilst it is free to download, as most apps are, lt costs 'from €29' when you come to submit. the declaration. (The AEAT app is free to download AND use.)

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:34 pm

It also appears to be an app for Canadian tax declarations - hardly much use in Andalucia.

M.Foster, please explain how this can be of interest on this forum.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:40 pm

You may be looking at the wrong one. It is actually called Simple tax Spain. It is used solely for non-resident imputed tax but it is a third party app and does not inspire much confidence. It does nothing that the proper AEAT app does not do except charge for the privilege of using it.

M.Foster
Tourist

Postby M.Foster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:45 pm

I don't know AEAT app. Where can I find it?

I used to pay to an accountant. Simpletax is free; I just paid when filing the taxes and it cost me less than what I paid to the accountant; for me it is worth.

I downloaded to my iphone.

I do not know what you say about Canada!!!!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:50 pm

The AEAT app is the official app of the Agencia Tributaria and can be found, surprisingly, by typing 'AEAT' into the Google Play search facility.

M.Foster
Tourist

Postby M.Foster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:02 pm

I have just donwloaded that app but I am not sure it is the same you are talking about as it is in Spanish, quite confusing, so I have asked someone who understands Spanish who has told me that it works only for resident....any comments?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm

It includes the non-resident tax form and instructions in English. For further information and links see the FAQ.

M.Foster
Tourist

Postby M.Foster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:20 pm

I am sorry but there is no language option. My friend is looking at the tax office website and it does not say anything about non-resident tax. Definitely you must be talking about another app.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:32 pm

M.Foster wrote:I have just donwloaded that app but I am not sure it is the same you are talking about as it is in Spanish, quite confusing,
Good Heavens - the Spanish Tax Office issues an app in Spanish for people in Spain - that must be very confusing - would you expect them to do it in any other language?

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Apparently the non-resident income tax is going to be included in the app next year when the form changes. Meanwhile tax form is available on the AEAT web site in English here:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/s ... tml?idi=en

and the instructions here:

http://www.agenciatributaria.es/static_ ... _en_gb.pdf

It may require a little more effort but most people, at least on this forum, would prefer this to paying nearly €60 a couple to do it on a third party app.

M.Foster
Tourist

Postby M.Foster » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Ah, I see

Well, I just wanted to share my positive experience.

By the way, how do you know that most people would prefer to use the website? Just out of curiosity I have gone back reading some previous post and I can read things like this:

electronic DNI (Spanish National ID), digital certificate, Cl@ve PIN or reference number." My question is does anyone know what the "reference number" is in this context? Is this a number that appears on the completed Modelo 210?

I had already printed off all necessary information and also a Google translation in Spanish of all my questions - that turned out to be sensible, as the staff did not speak much English (though they were very helpful).

While at the tax office, I completed the process for obtaining the Digital Certificate, received an email instantly, and have just now installed the DC on my PC back here in the UK (incidentally this part of the process worked fine using Windows 10 and Chrome).

I am not sure if it is not worth paying €60 and forget all those troubles. My opinion of course

jameshelen

Non-resident tax application

Postby jameshelen » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanks M.Foster for sharing, the Simpletax App worked perfectly, It took me no more than 10 min to filling info, and around 24 hours late we got an email with a copy of our tax returns duly filled.
M.Foster wrote:Sorry, the app is simpletax

M.Foster
Tourist

Re: Non-resident tax application

Postby M.Foster » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi James, I am happy that someone has found my post useful. That’s the purpose of a forum, to share experiences that could help others and I thought that simpletax is good for others as it was for me, because it seems to be something new that maybe not everyone has heard about. But instead I got the feeling that I was spoiling someone’s business as all I received back was sceptical debunking, so I really appreciate your words.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Non-resident tax application

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:58 pm

These posts have been separated from the 210 questions and answers thread as that is specifically for questions and answers arising from the FAQ which is designed for people who wish to complete the tax forms for themselves without paying a third party to do so. (Please see the first post in that thread). No-one's business interests are being spoilt, as you insultingly allege which, would be patently obvious if you had taken the trouble to read the whole thread.

Members tempted to try this app should be aware that it is necessary to enter all of one's details, including name, NIE, date and place of birth, address in Spain with referencia catastral, address in the UK, and, presumably, bank/credit card details etc. into an anonymous app with no developer address and which has been endorsed by two brand new members who do not appear to have posted on any other subject.

By all means try it if you feel so inclined but if you have to type all these details anyway why not do so for free in the online AEAT form. Always bear in mind the usual caveats regarding giving your personal and financial data on the internet or entering them into an unknown, unproven and unaccountable mobile telephone application.

M.Foster
Tourist

Re: Non-resident tax app

Postby M.Foster » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Thanks for letting me know and sorry if it looked that way.

In the UK and US we are used to this kind of apps others than the official Inland Revenue app. I checked well the company before I took the decision as I am not a fool, they are collaborators to the tax office and I can confirm that the tax return was filed by them as collaborators as I can read from the tax form. And as to the confidentiality, I have read the terms and conditions, which normally nobody does and me either, and they seem compliant to all data protection regulations. By the way, giving the bank details is optional as they say they can send you a pdf for you to pay it, but I didn’t take that route.

However, I don’t want to be seen as part of a company that I do not know or having any interest on the app. You have opened a new thread on this subject, which I agree sounds reasonable, so I will kindly explain my limited experience with the app as I have started the discussion but I really wish that anyone else gives his or her opinion. I wonder if the people of Simpletax are allowed to post in the forum as they know better than me.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:35 pm

For several years now, I have been getting a company to do this for me.

As I am not in Spain again until September, have not approached them re "2017" yet.

Cost last year was £29.95. Doubt it has gone up much, if at all. That is two forms, as the property is in my wife's and my name.

Email them the figures, they agree my calculation, and I have the forms ( copies for me and the bank ) by return of post to present to my bank for payment when in Spain again.

I believe for a few euros more, they could if necessary, arrange the payment.

Life is too short...

anyroads

jameshelen

Postby jameshelen » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:10 am

To be honest I find the App quite worthy, and will give it a go

In my opinion it doesn´t matter whether you use an App or you do it through another person… as I think that 30 € or 50 € is a fair price to pay someone to filling in or help you with this form… I have been paying throughout the years more than 200 € to my solicitor to do it which I thinks it was really expensive, especially considering the type of work, and that I am paying almost more money in UK to do my personal taxes…

JR