Nevada shopping

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Nevada shopping

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:23 am

We went to the Nevada shopping centre in Granada yesterday, it has everything, we were very impressed.It was a pleasure to wander around and shop out of the sun, for those who like shopping malls with food halls etc then i would highly recomend, our nearest shopping mall in Uk is the metro centre near Gateshead/Newcastle and it dosent compare to the Nevada centre...When our grandchildren come we intend to do the science park in Granada, my Spanish neice said it is very good, has any of the forum members been to it?
I feel lucky to have such a fantastic city within only 30mins drive and compared to many years ago it just keeps on getting better, it used to take over an hour on the old road until the new road from Granada to Almeria was formed..Eu money has done alot for Spain...

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Nevada shopping

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:29 am

...and for Britain, too. Shame little of it got reported!
You're right, about the road improvements - the Motril to Granada road is quite something, too.
And no pot-holes or melting tarmac. How can that be :?: :think: .
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:06 am

I've been to the Nevada Centre. It has the largest underground car park I have ever seen. Definitely worth a visit.

If you want to combine it with a trip to the centre of Granada it is now on the new Metro line, so you can use the Nevada Centre as a "Park and Ride".

The Science park is on the other side of the motorway (same exit) and has a huge new 7 story hospital.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:10 pm

Agree its an excellent shopping centre been many times and such a nice drive aswell from the coast.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:42 pm

I have very mixed feelings about Nevada shopping.

It is fairly easy to get into but getting out is always a hassle with roads taking you to a roundabout or two in a wilderness. Free underground parking which is good and air conditioned shopping. However if you buy anything large from Leroy Merlin then you are expected to bring your car to the surface car park. If you buy it online and collect then there is a loading bay at the far end of the underground park where the goods will be. I recently bought everything we needed for a project from Leroy Merlin in Malaga except for 4 long packs as they had sold out. Yes sir the Granada shop has 17 packs in store. Went the next day and they had already sold 5. No way initially that they would allow me to have the paid for in shop goods taken down to the loading bay. Unlike the Malaga shop, the "awkward large goods trolleys" are leave your name and NIE/passport with security to get a card to release the trolley. Malaga it is release with a euro.

I find the shops very samey apart from Leroy, Media Markt and the delightful shop opposite the interior entrance to Leroy - the shop that sells everything you never knew you needed! There is also a Pharmacist and a lottery shop near that end too that are open all day.

Catering is a mixed bag too. If you look hard enough you can find cafes serving "Spanish" coffee rather than the ghastly Costa type places. Even the Spanish food places up stairs are "touristy" though the option of sitting outside and eating whilst looking at the snow capped Sierra Nevadas takes some beating.

How does it compare with say La Canada? near Fuengirola or indeed other Costa del Sol similar sized shopping centres?

Re the new hospital. We have what could be described as a season pass to the place. I think it is very good. A and E is sadly like any other hospital - long waits and they have a very curious process where the patient is in observation and at 11 p.m. there Is a mass telling loved ones/family whether the patient is staying in or being discharged meaning discharge can be as late as 1a.m. There is good pay underground parking there and there are two decent restaurants/cafes serving Spanish coffee through to menus of the day.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:11 pm

All big shopping centres have pretty much all the same interms of shops,miramar, nevada to on a smaller scale ingenio at velez. Mainly ortegas companies and the box standard other shops you get in all the centres. Same as any country. Its nice and big with open spaces and never really gets overcrowded unlike miramar. Just amazing how long it took to build and open with all the dodgy politics involved

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:56 pm

I've been to the Science Park several times...... well worth a visit. Lots to do for all ages.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:18 pm

Yes - Agree with most peoples comments, the Nevada Centre stores are the same as everywhere else, including Flying Tiger, Casa, Natura, A Loja Del Creo Gato the same as Miramar Fuengirola, MediaMarkt and Fnac too, originally there was supposed to be an Apple Store. The cinema there showing films VOS on a specific day. There are various restaurants dotted there with a shed load at the end where Leroy Merlin. As Olive said it's tricky to get to depending on what direction you get to, especially getting to the entrance of the underground car park. My wife thinks Spanish Car Park designers are the work of the Diablo! As Olive said there is a mixed bag of restaurants/cafes and usually the same chains as everywhere else.

If anyone has been to Kinepolis Cinema/Shopping and Alameda Puliana, Granada, the cinema there now shows films on Tuesdays VOS, the shops on that complex include Mercadona, Carrefour, JYSK, Maisons Du Monde, Casa, Espaço Casa, Teddy, Decathlon, Kiabi, Merkal, Aki and BricoDepot. etc etc.

Well worth a visit to both Centres, take a one night stop over though all that walking is tiring!

terry