Payment day for Spanish pensions.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Gloops
Tourist

Payment day for Spanish pensions.

Postby Gloops » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:35 am

Does anyone know how the monthly payment day for the receipt of a Spanish state pension is calculated?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Payment day for Spanish pensions.

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Gloops,
The payment day is calculated to be paid each month on your birthday date, ie if you were born on the 25th you will receive it each month on the 25th....Unlike UK which is paid every 4 weeks, I prefer the Spanish method...

You receive 14 months pension payments each year, 1 extra in the summer and 1 extra near Christmas.
Each year usually in January you will receive a letter stating your annual increase , usually enough to buy a packet of crisps.

Regards,
Gordon

Gloops
Tourist

Postby Gloops » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Many thanks.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Gloops wrote:Does anyone know how the monthly payment day for the receipt of a Spanish state pension is calculated?
It is paid on the 25th of each month except December when it is paid a little earlier. I think everyone gets paid on the 25th and twice in July and December.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:47 pm

When I first received my Spanish pension, about 8 years ago, I was advised that it would be paid on the same date as my birthday, and it has always arrived on time and earlier at Christmas as stated.
My friend in Madrid receives his on the 28th and another friend in Valencia receives his on the 10th of the month, maybe it varies from province to province ?

If anyone thinks that they are entitled to the pension, after working at least 1 year,( based on days worked-vida laboral ), I would urge them to claim it, maybe only a small amount of money, but it really does put you in the 'system' and could be beneficial in the future and I think most people in this postion could be entitled to it.

Regards,
Gordon..Old Codger... :D

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:32 pm

I didnt know that! I just presumed that everyone was paid on the 25th of the month. It certainly is not my birthday.

Any roads I have pressed the report button by mistake! :problem:

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:38 pm

You could be correct Patricia, I just assumed that what I stated was correct based on what I was told when I applied, maybe it has changed ?

However, I don't really care what day they pay me ...all contributions gratefully accepted... :D

Regards,
Gordon..a Poor Pensioner.... :(

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:49 pm

Indeed! :D

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:19 pm

BENIDORM wrote:If anyone thinks that they are entitled to the pension, after working at least 1 year,( based on days worked-vida laboral ), I would urge them to claim it, maybe only a small amount of money, but it really does put you in the 'system' and could be beneficial in the future and I think most people in this postion could be entitled to it.

Regards,
Gordon..Old Codger... :D
Everyone is entitled to a spanish pension wether you have worked or not, but obviously its related to the amount paid in. And if your household earns under a certain amount. And if you have been in spain for 10 years or more.

'Non official link-yet to be proven on a gvt site but i will look when i have time'

https://www.google.es/amp/s/cursosinemw ... tizar/amp/
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.