speeding up Town halls in Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
USINSPAIN
Resident

speeding up Town halls in Spain

Postby USINSPAIN » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:51 am

Hello

My lawyer presented the petition for my 1st occupation licence on my house in June he says we has been back a few times but as yet they have not produced it, is there any way a bit of pressure can be put on them to hurry them up

Thank you

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: speeding up Town halls in Spain

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Thats Spain i am afraid to say.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:27 pm

June which year? :lol:

I can never get my headaround figures that compare productivity from one country to another. We had a long running , now resolved issue with IBI which if sorted promptly would have given the town hall about 1000 more euros of our money. The clerk just kept saying dont worry you wont be asked to pay previous years. He was right. I long ago gave up worrying or chasing stuff like this. No harm in you getting your lawyer to chase it for you though.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:59 pm

Why are you so desperate to get It? Do you need it for a specific purpose?

Sid

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:32 am

Yes the house is up for sale and everybody these days want a 1st occupation licence, the petition was presented June 2018

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:49 pm

You could go to your catastral office in the town hall and ask politely where they are up to ... they may refer you to the Architect attached to the town hall who processes these things or they may have an on-going file they can refer to. You should have a copy of the sumission from your lawyer, or at least the catastral number of your house - take your house documents with you - and ask. If they quibble a bit, tell them it is going up for sale and you need it for that purpose.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Friends of ours needed a first occupancy licence to enable them then in turn to get their holiday property rental licence, said their lawyer. Just another way of taking money from you.

terry

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:53 pm

I had to apply for building permission in September 2016. No problems. I asked the builder how long we would have to wait and he said we would just go ahead(new roof) we did it and in March I received the agreement. Two months later the bill.......Manana, manana.....