Renewing of Padron

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
niraig
Andalucia.com Amigo

Renewing of Padron

Postby niraig » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:23 am

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice re Padron. We have registered in El Palo but have been told by an individual that you have to re register every 3 months. Can anyone please confirm. Many thanks

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Renewing of Padron

Postby markwilding » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 am

It's not necessarily to register every three months but the confusion might be that in certain instances you will be asked for a copy of the padron which will have been updated in the previous 3 months such as when you buy a new car.
Now and again I receive a notice from my town hall to update their records which is sent to foreigners to make sure I haven't moved back to the UK

niraig
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby niraig » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:52 am

That’s exactly it as we are buying a car. The agent needs the Padron to be up to date. Do we just go into the office and ask them to update it.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Yes. Go to the town hall and ask for it. At our town hall you take the bill for the work to another part of the building (the Tesoria) and hand over the princely sum of 1 euro 10 cents. they then print a receipt to show you have paid and then you go back to the front desk and they print it out for you and stamp and date it.

A word of advice. Make sure the info is correct on it as any post regarding your car goes to that address. Ours had the wrong house number for some bizarre reason. After saying it was impossible to change they did find a way......

niraig
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby niraig » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:40 pm

All sorted, issued today and at no cost thanks

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:51 pm

Slightly off subject Niraig but if your new to the area there is a lovely walk from El Palo along the front to La Cala or if you want more through the 3 tunnels into Rincon.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Niraig
You will soon learn that different town halls/ different departments/ different person behind the desk will dictate how something is/is not done here in Spain.
When I need an upto date Padron certificate I go to my local town hall, Velez Malaga.
Obtain a numbered ticket from the front desk, wait till my number is displayed and go to the desk indicated.
Ask for a new certificate and it is printed out, free of charge, there and then.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:16 pm

You're so right Gerry.

In Almunecar they charge €10 and you have to pay in a local bank and go back to collect it. It's easier renewing your driving licence!

Sid

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 pm

In Comares it cost €2 IIRC, and because all were signed by the alcalde it could take a week or so if he was away, so allow time!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

niraig
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby niraig » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Costa kid we have been living in El Palo since March. We have done that walk a few times and also into the city.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 am

El Cid wrote:You're so right Gerry.

In Almunecar they charge €10 and you have to pay in a local bank and go back to collect it. It's easier renewing your driving licence!

Sid
Good grief, that's a price! It's free in Torrox too. Last month when I needed one I just showed them an old 'volante' and asked for a new one and it took only a few minutes.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Free here too. The whole process takes 30 minutes, 15 if I go by car.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:49 am

In alhaurin el grande its €1,20 and you have to come back in a few days.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Never updated my Padron in nearly 11 years. Maybe I should check this out.

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:45 pm

It's worth seeing if the local council will let you download a padron certificate as it saves a lot of hassle and waiting around whenever you need one. It's also free.

I just log in with the digital certificate (which we got from the Treseroria in Velez) and hit print whenever we need one. CLAVE and all the other things will probably work too.

I can't check now as we're not on the padron there any more but it would seem that in Torrox, for example, you can do this here: https://torrox.sedelectronica.es/dossier.5 by scrolling down to: Solicitud de Certificado o Volante de Empadronamiento

You don't need it stamped because there's a code on it which anyone can use to check the validity online. The lady in our ITV station new exactly what to do.
Last edited by alpineSi on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:54 pm

El Cid wrote:You're so right Gerry.

Sid

You might save a tenner every time if you register for CLAVE or a digital certificate as I mention in the post above. Try this link: https://almunecar.sedelectronica.es/dossier.8 then Certificados de empadronamiento, convivencia y residencia at the bottom of the page.