bank yearly charge residencia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
sick and tired
Andalucia.com Amigo

bank yearly charge residencia

Postby sick and tired » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:11 am

Good Morning all its been a while

i do not live in Spain nor intend to live in Spain but i have an apartment and a bank account and a car which has been fully matriculated in to a Spanish registered vehicle, i visit frequently and probably spend 50 days a year in Spain, every year the bank charge me for some kind of re-application of a bank account holder, no idea what it is. With the brexit agreement under discussion it alludes to the end of free movement, does anyone think this will then cause all non resident bank accounts to be closed down, i know this is hypothetical at the moment but there must be some logic to follow as to what the deal will also bring with it.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: bank yearly charge residencia

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:20 am

The annual charge is just that - an annual service (maintenance) charge for the account (and any cards you might hold for it), irrespective if how much the account is used.
Inside/outside EU, with/without Brexit, you are able to open and hold bank accounts in a host of countries, so I wouldn't expect that to change as a result of the current mayhem.
Chris