S1 for disability - prescriptions ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

S1 for disability - prescriptions ?

Postby fyfin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:25 pm

I know you can get an S1 if you have a transportable benefit like PIP but what I don't know is whether this allows you to have discounted prescriptions. I have a friend who has this benefit and has just moved here but has a lot of medication so it will make a big difference if she only has to pay 10%. She is not retiring age nor is her husband.
I assume he would also get an S1 as her dependant.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: S1 for disability - prescriptions ?

Postby gerryh » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:38 pm

I know things change here in Spain but when we moved here my wife was on incapacity benefit, with S1 entitlement, which meant she was regarded as a pensioner here, she was only 58 at the time, and was accepted into the Spanish health system and therefore got discounted prescriptions. Only paid 10% of the cost with a maximum payment of €20 a month.
I was regarded as her dependant and so also got the same benefits.
So provided the rules/ system haven't changed the same should apply to your friend and her husband.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

fyfin
Resident

Re: S1 for disability - prescriptions ?

Postby fyfin » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:52 pm

Many thanks for your answer Gerry. Very reassuring
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Return to “Living in Andalucia”