Santander 123 account

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
ashtondav
Resident

Santander 123 account

Postby ashtondav » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:57 pm

I see from publicity that the spanish santander 123 account still pays 3% interest. Does anyone know if that is available for a non resident bank account and does anyone have any experience of opening such an account at the branch on Plaza Espana in Nerja? IE can they speak English and what documentation is required. Also is there an automatic switching service such as we have in the UK, so i can seamlessly transfer from Unicaja to Santander all the direct debts etc.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Re: Santander 123 account

Postby GerryinCajiz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Reading the pre contract conditions, it says it is open to residents and non residents providing you fulfil the criteria. I can not imagine the Nerja branch not having an English speaking person on the staff.
Gerry

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 pm

All I know is that we, residents, had one of these 123 accounts for about a week and then we closed it. Each of us had three cars which we were supposed to use so many times each week. One card for withdrawing money from the hole in the wall. One for regular shopping. One for credit shopping. So all together we had six cards each needing to be used so many times a week.

Er ... no.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Oh, ok. Not for us as we're only out 5 months of the year and we'd never have that usage. In the Uk it just demands a couple of diect debits and a monthly deposit.

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Lavanda wrote:All I know is that we, residents, had one of these 123 accounts for about a week and then we closed it. Each of us had three cars which we were supposed to use so many times each week. One card for withdrawing money from the hole in the wall. One for regular shopping. One for credit shopping. So all together we had six cards each needing to be used so many times a week.

Er ... no.
Sounds nothing like their website conditions:
Realizar al menos 6 movimientos de compras en comercios, compras online o dinero directo con las tarjetas de débito y/o crédito asociadas a tu Cuenta 1l2l3 en los últimos 3 meses, de entre los cuales al menos uno deberá ser con una tarjeta de crédito.
https://www.bancosantander.es/es/partic ... cuenta-123

The OP can see on that site that it requires paychecks / deposits.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:01 pm

Exactly. Nothing like their web site conditions.