Currency exchange

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Currency exchange

Postby Wicksey » Sun May 26, 2019 2:29 pm

I know of a place in Nerja that seems to be bureau de exchange which I expect is expensive, but I wondered if there is anywhere else you can buy currency? I didn't have time when I was in the UK the other week but it seems that there are so many choices there, from the PO to banks and travel agents, even supermarket banks seem to do it.

I am looking for Icelandic Krona which need to be ordered in advance but only want a very small amount which seems to be difficult (you have to order hundreds if you go online). I will also need Danish Krone. I will not have the opportunity to use an ATM when I get there so just wanted some before I go.

.... not unless anyone out there has some ISK or Danish Krone they wish to sell :lol:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Currency exchange

Postby costakid » Mon May 27, 2019 8:27 am

There is currency place in Torox that give a descent rate. Near to the Repsol station in a little side street.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 27, 2019 11:00 am

Is that the sea side of the costa as there's a Repsol each side of the main road? I know of a travel agent there, is that what you mean?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon May 27, 2019 1:10 pm

Check next time you pass but that block, if it the one we is thunking about looked pretty Cerrado Permanente yesterday , all the shops boarded up.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 27, 2019 3:02 pm

beach side. It is also a travel agency.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon May 27, 2019 4:22 pm

There is a TA as you come round the block as if you have been to the pharmacy and are going to La Farola I think, that might be to what CK refers.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 27, 2019 4:39 pm

The door to enter faces Malaga not the N340 or the beach.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon May 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Aye that'll be the one.
There is another in the block opposite SuperSol I didn't care for their Stg rate however.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue May 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Hi Wicksey, I don't know how much time you will be spending in Iceland or Denmark but from experience I can tell you that neither of those countries are even close to being cheap, especially for food and drink, I'd figure on a MINIMUM of €50.00 per person per day in either of those places just for victuals, any trips will dig deeper into your budget !

Copenhagen is a beautiful city (If you're going there) but don't bother with the little mermaid, it's not worth the time !
If you have time in Iceland try to visit the "Blue lagoon" for a great "spa" experence, but again not cheap, enjoy the trip, Al :-)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi Al. I'm on cruise there and have 3 fairly full days if excursions so only need a little pocket money as meals are included on some of the trips. I understand that we may have to pay to use a public loo for example so will need some local currency. I need the Danish krone for the Faroes. I know they take cards most places but I was thinking about little souvenirs I may buy. I wasn't planning on spending very much once off the ship!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue May 28, 2019 2:30 pm

You can normally exchange money, for the local currency, on board ship and back again if any left over.
Exchange rates aren't usually very good but it's handy for small amounts of money.
Cheers
Gerry.
Gerry Harris