Paypal Account

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
john the baptist
Resident

Paypal Account

Postby john the baptist » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 pm

Hi is possible to open a paypay account in english without a uk address??? when i get directed to the spanish site due to address location its obviously in spanish I can cope with the basic but with complex transactions and small print i may be out of my league, Im no Online expert and dont really want to use my spanish address and I certainly don't want the spanish authorities getting everything. can anyone advise on how to get an account in english here in spain. is a spanish address really necessary can I make up a uk address instead. Ive got non spanish bank accounts which will be used. its mainly for currency conversions for my pensions.
thanks in advance for your help.
john

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: Paypal Account

Postby gerryh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Yes, go into https://www.paypal.com/uk/home and create an account.
You can set it up with English or Spanish addresses or both and English or Spanish bank accounts or both.
That is what I have so I can pay with my UK or Spanish bank accounts or get items sent to my Spanish address, where live, or to one of my sons' UK addresses.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm

I've actually got both which is handy as I can decide which bank account it comes out of, depending whether I've used amazon.es or a UK site. I don't think Paypal is the best way to do currency transfer but if you're happy with it , why not. I use Transferwise and I know others use Revolut etc. Here's what I found on Google. TransferWise always uses the real exchange rate without surcharge. Instead, the sender pays a commission fee. Currently, the GBP-USD conversion incurs a 0.4% fee of the amount sent. With money received in your PayPal account, you pay an increase of 2.5% on the base exchange rate to convert it into another currency
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:12 pm

thanks for the info

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:44 pm

john the baptist wrote:Hi is possible to open a paypay account in english without a uk address??? when i get directed to the spanish site due to address location its obviously in spanish I can cope with the basic but with complex transactions and small print i may be out of my league, Im no Online expert and dont really want to use my spanish address and I certainly don't want the spanish authorities getting everything. can anyone advise on how to get an account in english here in spain. is a spanish address really necessary can I make up a uk address instead. Ive got non spanish bank accounts which will be used. its mainly for currency conversions for my pensions.
thanks in advance for your help.
john
If your web browser is google chrome there is a built in translator that works perfectly for PayPal. On a windows computer at the right end of the address bar there is a little symbol like a book. Click it and PayPal spaintranslates to perfect English and the button and text on the page are correctly translated.

If the book symbol is not there then search on Google how to set up your browser for translation

Another option is a paypal.ie account. English language and Eur denominated. I don't recommend using .co.uk as they screw you on exchange rate as your base currency is GBP. Address wise just put in any address in ireland as they still verify your card by other means, like sending a code to your bank account and asking you to verify the code. The only thing to note is that you can only have one account per email address, so you will. Need to setup separate email address for a second account