dog insurance ?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

dog insurance ?

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:33 pm

looks like everyone needs to get it...

https://spanishnewstoday.com/dog_insura ... 698-a.html
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: dog insurance ?

Postby olive » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:43 pm

I bet no one is checking.

It will be like the dog cruelty law……..doesn’t apply to “ me”.Still it is a small step in the right direction.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:45 pm

Seems to be referenced to the chip. Now then how many Spanish dogs are chipped ?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:48 pm

ours actually is :) i will probably do it either way, ours is a "pitbull cross" and i hear its only 25 ish a year, so well worth it for that little monster.. grrrr :lolno:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:26 pm

I think Lyric was referring to Spanish owned, particularly in the campo, SL.

A cat that I think is 'owned' (I use that term loosely) by a neighbour up the hill is always at our house. Not neutered and always attacking ours, he is driving us nuts. He sits on the window ledge looking in sometimes and is far too bold. No amount of squirting with water/shouting/clapping hands etc will deter him. Our cat needed vet's treatment after a very bad fight the other week, and the Spanish vet asked if the owner was Spanish and had a bit of a moan about how so many animals are not neutered. Doubtful if any of the many animals around us are chipped. There are loads of dogs in cages or left at empty properties to bark all the time.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:50 pm

Get your cat insured for 25 euros a year. Well when the cat attacks your cat.. and you know who owns it.. denounce them and they should be fined for having no insurance.

Why should you keep paying the vets bills ?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:53 am

We paid for dog insurance yesterday. Starting on the 29th of september for 1 year, "potentially dangerous", with no excess, was only €45.

Silly not to do it really.

Now i see that cats have to be chipped as well.. and theres a list of pets you cant keep - like rabbits ? and i have to register my pleco fish, as its an "invasive species" - so if i let it go in the river, i can get fined... I wonder if it needs a chip too? :lolno:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:58 pm

Wicksey wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:26 pm I think Lyric was referring to Spanish owned, particularly in the campo, SL.

A cat that I think is 'owned' (I use that term loosely) by a neighbour up the hill is always at our house. Not neutered and always attacking ours, he is driving us nuts. He sits on the window ledge looking in sometimes and is far too bold. No amount of squirting with water/shouting/clapping hands etc will deter him. Our cat needed vet's treatment after a very bad fight the other week, and the Spanish vet asked if the owner was Spanish and had a bit of a moan about how so many animals are not neutered. Doubtful if any of the many animals around us are chipped. There are loads of dogs in cages or left at empty properties to bark all the time.
I am an animal lover but sometimes feral animals require feral treatment, get yourself a long cane and beat it a few times, it will relocate itself, why should you have the hassle !

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:18 pm

Where have you been hiding Manchesteral?

Since I wrote that post last August that cat has been scared off after coming in through the catflap and going to sleep on our cats' sofa in the conservatory overnight. When we opened the door the next morning we chased it around, shouting and flapping a rolled up newspaper at its rear end and squirting it with the water pistol and it eventually found the open doorway and we've not seen it since. Mind you, another similar cat did appear and have a fight with ours, but we've only seen him a couple of times, so he's not like the original cat who was very much at home here.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:14 pm

Wicksey wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:18 pm Where have you been hiding Manchesteral?

Since I wrote that post last August that cat has been scared off after coming in through the catflap and going to sleep on our cats' sofa in the conservatory overnight. When we opened the door the next morning we chased it around, shouting and flapping a rolled up newspaper at its rear end and squirting it with the water pistol and it eventually found the open doorway and we've not seen it since. Mind you, another similar cat did appear and have a fight with ours, but we've only seen him a couple of times, so he's not like the original cat who was very much at home here.
I suffered a particularly nasty bout of bladder cancer in 2021 and have been undergoing chemo/radio therapy which was brutal,and debilitating, the little b***** is now in remission but for some time I was lacking in any kind of motivation, now I'm back, glad you have sorted the cat problem, on a lighter note I'm heading for Las Palmas on the 30th Jan for some much needed sunshine, currently we are having very severe weather in Finland so I can't wait !

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:14 pm

Welcome back Manchesteral :) good to read that it is in remission, I hope you have a nice break and enjoy the much needed sunshine, it will give you a boost.