"the kiss"

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Cádiz
Resident

"the kiss"

Postby Cádiz » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:20 am

I am wondering what is the view here and in Spain in general on the famous "kiss" after world cup win...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: "the kiss"

Postby costakid » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:56 am

I am not sure if he has previous for being a groper but if not and it was just in the heat of the moment then I think an apology would have ended it. The problem is the Woke brigade got involved and now he is a dead man walking. Impossible to survive it. Is it really headline news 2 weeks after the incident? Sky had it as their main story only 3 days ago.

Its definitely taken the shine off the win.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:33 am

I agree an apology and a fine would be appropriate sanction. Gropers never are seen on camera so that not the case.
I think the fall-out from this will have long lasting effect on womens football as what man in their right mind would want the job of managing the current Spanish football team, result being the top people will not be available. I think he will stay in his position or get an agreed package. I do not know what the story with the manager fall-out with manager before world cup was over.
It may be that the best outcome be split the two codes where all managers etc will have to be women, would womens football like that?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:51 am

im not a football fan, at all, but i know what this is about.

if you look it up on tik tok you´ll see videos the other players have uploaded making fun of what happened, and even getting jealous of her for getting a kiss off him.

Theres always two sides to a story, the one the media wants to show, and what actually happened. Who knows, they might of been kissing for a while.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:20 pm

For a start, he is not the manager of the women's team he is president of the RFEF, The Prince William equivalent. But 15 players did resign and give up the opportunity to play in the World Cup for reasons I suggest may become clear once strangleholds or whatever are loosened.

Rubiales' hands had been quite occupied in a gesture not often seen enacted by those in his position but done within metres of not only the Queen but her 16 year old daughter also, and those very hands then grasped Jenni Hermoso's head forcibly.

Many men manage female athletes with no problem whatsoever, and, equally there are very many accounts of abuse on both males and females by coaches. It cannot be impossible for a man to restrain himself and not just grab at any girl or woman, young boy or man who takes his fancy.

As usual 'woke' is being bandied about, its meaning being anything with which someone does not agree, and generally condoning behaviour not quite up to muster.

Who knows that if this behaviour occurs with the world's cameras and press, what on earth goes on away from such scrutiny, and that being the case and there have been shenanagans , I suspect that some stories may emerge.

Almost any woman will tell of unwanted attention, remarks, physical contact that happen with such regularity they are taken as just being 'life'. If complained about the old chestnuts of a lack of a sense of humour, just a bit of banter blah blah balh are evoked. In fact, some men even think they are flattereing the females, or, doing them a favour by singling them out for such attention. Or they are just showing off in front of their mates. Women are wary of retaliating lest there is a violent backlash.

I suspect Jenni would have loved to have done a swift keepie uppy but was aware of the media scrutiny more that Luis appeared to be.

Extraordinarily even FIFA, not renowned for their morality and uprightedness, saw fit to suspend him for 90 days.

The absolute stupidity is that a swift immediate apology by Rubiales at the time and the affair would have blown over probably, but he has kept digging. And yet again yesterday. And there was also his mothers two day hunger strike (not a record time, I suspect)......

Being reported is that the 2030 World Cup bid by Spain Portugal and Morocco has probably been damaged and if so that is a shame.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:08 pm

Unicorn wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:20 pm For a start, he is not the manager of the women's team he is president of the RFEF, The Prince William equivalent. But 15 players did resign and give up the opportunity to play in the World Cup for reasons I suggest may become clear once strangleholds or whatever are loosened.

Rubiales' hands had been quite occupied in a gesture not often seen enacted by those in his position but done within metres of not only the Queen but her 16 year old daughter also, and those very hands then grasped Jenni Hermoso's head forcibly.

Many men manage female athletes with no problem whatsoever, and, equally there are very many accounts of abuse on both males and females by coaches. It cannot be impossible for a man to restrain himself and not just grab at any girl or woman, young boy or man who takes his fancy.

As usual 'woke' is being bandied about, its meaning being anything with which someone does not agree, and generally condoning behaviour not quite up to muster.

Who knows that if this behaviour occurs with the world's cameras and press, what on earth goes on away from such scrutiny, and that being the case and there have been shenanagans , I suspect that some stories may emerge.

Almost any woman will tell of unwanted attention, remarks, physical contact that happen with such regularity they are taken as just being 'life'. If complained about the old chestnuts of a lack of a sense of humour, just a bit of banter blah blah balh are evoked. In fact, some men even think they are flattereing the females, or, doing them a favour by singling them out for such attention. Or they are just showing off in front of their mates. Women are wary of retaliating lest there is a violent backlash.

I suspect Jenni would have loved to have done a swift keepie uppy but was aware of the media scrutiny more that Luis appeared to be.

Extraordinarily even FIFA, not renowned for their morality and uprightedness, saw fit to suspend him for 90 days.

The absolute stupidity is that a swift immediate apology by Rubiales at the time and the affair would have blown over probably, but he has kept digging. And yet again yesterday. And there was also his mothers two day hunger strike (not a record time, I suspect)......

do you think he will resign or be fired? i think the long term fall out from this will be creating ripples for years. i also expect the body-language experts will have a say in the outcome.... clearly one of them is telling lies so it will be interesting... far better than the actual football...

Being reported is that the 2030 World Cup bid by Spain Portugal and Morocco has probably been damaged and if so that is a shame.

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:14 pm

Inclined to a free with you Unicorn.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:07 am

Is thje general view he will resign or be fired? i think the long term fall out from this will be creating ripples for years. i also expect the body-language experts will have a say in the outcome... clearly one of them is telling lies so it will be interesting... far better than the actual football...
I am not in Spain at the moment and i love a bit of contoversy...

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:37 pm

From the video I did think she was ok with it until everyone else said they wasn’t.? But pictures can be deceiving.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:36 pm

KKKaty wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:37 pm From the video I did think she was ok with it until everyone else said they wasn’t.? But pictures can be deceiving.
i actually feel sorry for her as i expect she will end up as the victim. Big football career likely destroyed as this will follow her. She also looked ok on the bus talking about the kiss. To call this guy a creep unfair as they usually work on the fringes.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:44 am

I saw the kiss...never questioned it or gave it a second thought...heat of the moment thing...The crotch grabbing gesture1.. no way,,what a complete ass....

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:56 am

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:44 am I saw the kiss...never questioned it or gave it a second thought...heat of the moment thing...The crotch grabbing gesture1.. no way,,what a complete ass....
Totally agree Pamela, in front of the Queen and her 16 year old daughter. Obviously has no class.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:37 pm

The crutch grabbing was the gross thing.

He does not have a crutch to stand on.

anyroads

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:49 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:44 am I saw the kiss...never questioned it or gave it a second thought...heat of the moment thing...The crotch grabbing gesture1.. no way,,what a complete ass....
I also thought nothing of the kiss so nice to see a woman that sees real life (we are meant to get excited about things) i did not see the balls thing nor do i want to but totally agree with comment.
I have had to explain to people how Spanish people greet and kissing part of it. the whole thing is a bit sad really as shadows the success...

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:22 pm

Not kissing on the lips though. Try that and understandably, you might well get a slap. He kissed most of the team on the cheek including the head coach and nobody has said anything.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:33 am

markwilding wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:22 pm Not kissing on the lips though. Try that and understandably, you might well get a slap. He kissed most of the team on the cheek including the head coach and nobody has said anything.
He said he asked. It appears she want influenced by others as I saw a video of the team on the bus and they seemed to be OK.
What's happening now or it resolved?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:33 pm

All he had to say was that he was so happy and proud of our wonderful (insert positive superlatives) team that he got carried away and he is deeply sorry but hopes everyone can understand his emotion. That would have done it.

As for the crotch grabbing, Spanish men have a thing about fiddling with their equipment in public and I have seen that sort of thing loads of times. No one, except non-Spanish people, bat an eyelid.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:24 pm

Lavanda wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:33 pm As for the crotch grabbing, Spanish men have a thing about fiddling with their equipment in public and I have seen that sort of thing loads of times. No one, except non-Spanish people, bat an eyelid.
I used to work with someone that, he was always 're-adjusting' himself :sick: :eh:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:43 pm

Gross, isn’t it?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:47 pm

Lavanda wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:33 pm All he had to say was that he was so happy and proud of our wonderful (insert positive superlatives) team that he got carried away and he is deeply sorry but hopes everyone can understand his emotion. That would have done it.

As for the crotch grabbing, Spanish men have a thing about fiddling with their equipment in public and I have seen that sort of thing loads of times. No one, except non-Spanish people, bat an eyelid.
Hubby can't be Spanish then because he thought it was very disrespectful,