Is there a mask mandate in Andalucia?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
fyfin
Resident

Is there a mask mandate in Andalucia?

Postby fyfin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:46 pm

I've been told by friends that there is now a mask mandate in Andalucia for medical centres and Farmacias but no-one was wearing them in our Farmacia today. I can see that some regions have imposed this but can't find evidence that Andalucia has.
I'm struggling to understand why though, as they are talking about flu cases and not covid and they never imposed mask sanctions in the past when there were flu outbreaks.
I really hope we're not going to get a return to the stupidity of the past few years!
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Is there a mask mandate in Andalucia?

Postby El Cid » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:01 pm

The mask requirement is nationwide. I was at the medical centre this morning and everyone was wearing a mask. Flu and RSV are rampant along with Covid. If you go into a room full of ill people only an idiot would not wear a mask.

Sid

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:11 pm

I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree regarding masks. Most people wear surgical masks and wear them in such a way that they are not sealed properly so effectively breathing the air in form the sides. They are surgical masks which, do very little if anything, to prevent a virus. I wonder how we ever managed before when there was a flu season, maybe we just stayed at home if we were ill and coughing and spluttering, like we should do now.
As regards medical centres and hospitals, I'd avoid them if possible but if I had to visit, I'd want to be wearing more than a surgical mask and even then I'd still be wary.
https://www.bonanzavalleyvoice.com/stor ... /2143.html
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:57 pm

I think the nationwide rule is for health centres and hospitals, not farmacias. Some regions agreed to farmacias but not Andalucia I don't think.

I must say I am fed up being coughed over when I go out. You would have thought after years of Covid that people would have learned to put their hand over their mouth. We've both caught horrible colds in the past after being coughed over full in the face by someone just as they drew level with us.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:02 pm

I can't understand people coughing in the direction of others, it's simply bad manners. As I said if you've got a cough stay at home or at least have the decency to cover you face or cough away from others.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:42 pm

fyfin wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:02 pm at least have the decency to cover your face
Like with a mask?

Oh, sorry, I forgot - they don’t work do they.

Sid

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:34 pm

Of course but not for healthy people.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:54 pm

Masks are a complete waste of time. We lived thru flu pandemics and sickness bugs before and never wore masks. We were all made to wear masks and millions died worldwide. If you want to wear thats fine but shouldn’t be forced in my opinion.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:30 am

El Cid wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:42 pm
fyfin wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:02 pm at least have the decency to cover your face
Like with a mask?

Sid
The issue is the mandate for everyone to wear a mask thinking that it will prevent infection from a virus. If anyone feels that wearing a mask is protecting them I have no problem with them wearing it. For someone coughing, if they insist on going out, at least don't cough in someone's face. If they are wearing a mask and coughing, it might at least offer some comfort to anyone whose direction they are coughing towards.

If anyone seriously believes the mask protects them, then why does there need to be a mandate for everyone to wear one. I don't need the government telling me how to look after my health - they're happy enough to let people smoke (I don't and never have) or drink excessively (I don't) or eat loads of unhealthy food and are obese (I'm not). I look after my own health and present no danger to others so I resent being told to wear a mask when I'm not coughing and have had no colds or flu for as long as I can remember. I'm happy to limit my risks by my own actions, and this type of government interference is heading in a direction that we should all be concerned about.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:50 pm

Fyfin....................great post

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:01 pm

fyfin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:30 am
El Cid wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:42 pm
Like with a mask?

Sid
The issue is the mandate for everyone to wear a mask thinking that it will prevent infection from a virus. If anyone feels that wearing a mask is protecting them I have no problem with them wearing it. For someone coughing, if they insist on going out, at least don't cough in someone's face. If they are wearing a mask and coughing, it might at least offer some comfort to anyone whose direction they are coughing towards.

If anyone seriously believes the mask protects them, then why does there need to be a mandate for everyone to wear one. I don't need the government telling me how to look after my health - they're happy enough to let people smoke (I don't and never have) or drink excessively (I don't) or eat loads of unhealthy food and are obese (I'm not). I look after my own health and present no danger to others so I resent being told to wear a mask when I'm not coughing and have had no colds or flu for as long as I can remember. I'm happy to limit my risks by my own actions, and this type of government interference is heading in a direction that we should all be concerned about.
Exactly

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:16 pm

They are useless because majority never cover their noses with it. Always dangling down below.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:10 pm

KKKaty wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:16 pm They are useless because majority never cover their noses with it. Always dangling down below.
And scientific evidence proves they dont stop Covid.