Apartment Rental Charge

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:22 pm

stantheman wrote:What answer was that then, you didn't give one, just a fatuous comment, never say never!!
I choose not to rent out my property on a long-term basis in the same way that I do not even respond to email enquiries from Hotmail or Yahoo email addresses, if I don't like the sound of the enquirer's surname, if their command of the English language is less than perfect or if their postcode gets a bad write up in Up My Street.

It's my property and I will rent it to whomsoever I choose and don't feel the need to explain my reasons to some anonymous loud-mouth on andalucia.com.

I have built up a mental picture of you Stan. I hope I am not disappointed if I should ever suffer the misfortune to meet you in the flesh! Not much likelihood of that, though, because I should think it is highly unlikely that we would frequent the same kind of establishments.

By the way, would you like some lessons on the use of simple HTML tags. Not that I am offering but I am sure there is someone who could overcome their aversion to your bad attitude and show you how to avoid messing up your quotes!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:22 pm

But stanley, you always deny that PM's are sent. When you, sorry I mean your mate topper sent me PM's because you, sorry I mean he didn't have the bottle to say it in an open forum, you denied it all and called me a liar.
By the way stanley, do you keep your daft comments on the clipboard to save you having to spell them each time, or do you give in to your masochistic tendencies and type them out long hand each time?
It must be hard for you as you can't use the spell checker. that would just give you someone else to argue with when it told you that you were wrong. Even though you should be used to that by now.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:48 pm

Of course it has nothing at all to do with the original question, but that never bothers stanthe man anyway.
I am used to his abuse as I suspect is maggie, but he must really have flipped now as he has turned his attentions to one of the more knowledgable and certainly most helpful posters, i.e. beachcomber.

Beachcomber

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:18 pm

To clarify, Beachcomber, of course you're quite correct, my computer skills are nil to minus so of course I make the odd mistake from time to time, I hope you will forgive these lapses as I am not likely to improve in this department in the forseeable future.
My original comment was quite genuine as I truly did not (and do not still) understand your reply to quote "situations such as this" unquote my subsequent tantrum was unforgivable and I apologise to you publicly and unreservedly, I hope this will be an end to the matter, once again you have my apology, stantheman!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:18 pm

Thank you Stan. My first reply in that thread was actually a disservice to Daveyboy who seems to be a genuinely responsible and valuable tenant and I subsequently attempted to help him (with some valued input from Silver) with his problem later on in the discussion.

I was trying to highlight the problems of accepting long term tenants without going into gruesome detail. I realise there are good and bad on both sides of the landlord/tenant relationship but being one of the former I accept that my opinion is probably biased.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:28 am

Beachcomber wrote:
stantheman wrote:What answer was that then, you didn't give one, just a fatuous comment, never say never!!
I do not even respond to email inquiries from Hotmail or Yahoo email addresses,
Not actually anything to do with original question so apologies.

I was curious as to why Beachcomber would not reply to someone with a Hotmail or Yahoo e-mail address and why are these any different to say Tiscali or Wanadoo or any other.

Does it just apply to people inquiring about the rental or to all emails from Yahoo or Hotmail?

If all e-mails, what in your opinion is an acceptable email address?

Mike

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:05 am

I think for the same reason I wouldn't use the business services of someone who advertised a Hotmail or Yahoo email address in conjunction with a mobile telephone number and their Christian name only.

OK, there are others but these are probably the easiest with which to set up temporary and untraceable addresses. I know because I do it myself when I have to give an email address on the internet.

Whether I respond to rental enquiries from these email addresses actually depends on the tone and the general feeling I get from the rest of the email and, of course, the report on the post code in Up My Street.

I have been looking back over my rental history and none of the enquiries that resulted in firm bookings came from people with these email addresses but I accept that it may just be a coincidence.

I know that none of these methods of vetting potential clients is infallible but it just makes me feel better about it.

Daveyboy
Tourist

Postby Daveyboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:01 pm

Thanks again for the kind and helpful responses to my original question.

I am glad that I am an AOL user and have been relatively decently educated because otherwise I may never have had the informative responses from Beachcomber! Joke, guys!

I am also pleased that Stan and Beach' have kissed and made up. It does hurt to read such negative exchanges but once again, further discussion and communication has led to the situation being clarified and amicably resolved. Many wars could have been avoided that way! Oops, I'm not trying to open another can of worms with that statement!

Thanks again for all your help, folks.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:09 pm

You are only likely to open a can of worms if you buy a can of something at Lidl.

Sorry, this is an in joke from many moons ago. :D

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:18 pm

I get from the rest of the email and, of course, the report on the post code in Up My Street.

cool site Beachcomber - very useful - thank for the e -address, I shall be using myself in future.