Water bills.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
mhic
Andalucia Guru

Water bills.

Postby mhic » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:19 am

Hello.

I'm a bit concerned after reading of people on here having their water cut off. It's reminded me that we haven't had bills for either water or basura for over a year.

I thought the water bill was paid to the ayuntamiento but I'm not so sure now. Maybe because the water here is so foul at the moment they don't have the cheek to ask for payment.

Mhic.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Re: Water bills.

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:35 am

mhic wrote:Hello.

I'm a bit concerned after reading of people on here having their water cut off. It's reminded me that we haven't had bills for either water or basura for over a year.

I thought the water bill was paid to the ayuntamiento but I'm not so sure now. Maybe because the water here is so foul at the moment they don't have the cheek to ask for payment.

Mhic.
I don't remember seeing other messages but I live near Valencia and have not received nor paid water bills for 18 months or more, we have been to Town Hall and they say the man that deals with water bills cant use the computer!!

More than 50% of friends and neighbours (Spanish) haven't paid either.

Its very worrying.

Mike

mhic
Andalucia Guru

Postby mhic » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:53 am

Bongtrees.
Indeed it is, especially when they hand you a bloody great bill to re-connect you.

Mhic.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:32 am

I have just paid (automatically deducted from bank account) my 3 monthly campo water bill to the local water company, It is possible that the last owner is paying by this method.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:39 am

silver wrote:I have just paid (automatically deducted from bank account) my 3 monthly campo water bill to the local water company, It is possible that the last owner is paying by this method.
Hi Silver, all of those affected previously had money deducted every so often from the bank and others including myself have bought property within the past 2 years without paying a water bill but we did take the precaustion of taking meter readings.

Mike