¿Best and Worst?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:29 pm

How about the heart of Torremolinos (Tower block hell) Carihuela can have a certain charm in the evenings and the paseo is pleasant for a stroll, traffic free but those old tower blocks are just plain ugly ugly ugly.

Grehan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Grehan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:41 pm

MaggieMay wrote:Grehan, and your best and worst are?
On the coast, Rocas del Mar is very pleasant, although the buildings are a bit tired, and Algaida - the tower block place near Calahonda - is awful.

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:11 pm

Rocas del Mar, is that the urbanisation near to Max Beach? With The Garden bar/restaurant in the middle of it?
I have some friends in the Tower block next door, pretty ghastly from the outside, but they have a stunning view, and quite amazing what goes on down on the beach below after hours :?
I wear it well...........

Grehan
Andalucia.com Amigo

tower block?

Postby Grehan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:23 pm

Do you mean Rosa de los Vientos? I've always (= one year or so!) thought that that was quite a place and ought to be great - from inside. Is it all extranjero owned?

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:28 pm

I'd say it's mainly Spanish owned. My friends bought at a snip years ago, infact two next door to each other. So they have put a through door and use it as one enormous apartment with wraparound terrace. They totally reformed and once inside you would think you were in a celebrities apartment 8) Views are exceptional.
But it never looks safe on those sort of stilts to me :?

citymike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby citymike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:07 pm

MaggieMay wrote:Sorry.
I should have said Benalm'deeeena :wink:
Can you believe how snobby people can get just because they can pronounce a Spanish place correctly!! Sheesh!

citymike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby citymike » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:16 pm

MaggieMay wrote: I love the countryside and Spanish villages but personally I only want to visit them not live in them, I can do that quite easily from where I am. Infact most places are accessible.
I found inland Spain a nightmare because of the expats but a dream because of the Spanish. It's not that I'm an anti-Brit, it just seems that people who aren't that bright start thinking that they are deep thinking and cosmopolitan adventurers because they are able to find a town 30 km or less from the coast. Learn the lingo and go into a bar after midnight and that's when you meet the characters.

I think that the expats on the coast don't usually have their heads stuck up their bottoms which is why I generally prefer the expats there.

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:24 pm

citymike wrote: I think that the expats on the coast don't usually have their heads stuck up their bottoms which is why I generally prefer the expats there.
Cheers CM :wink:
I'm glad to say that a large number of expats on the coast have their heads stuck firmly on their shoulders.

Grehan
Andalucia.com Amigo

btms

Postby Grehan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:46 pm

oh blimey we're back to bottoms again . . .

citymike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: btms

Postby citymike » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:15 am

Grehan wrote:oh blimey we're back to bottoms again . . .
I entered a bar tonight and there was this Spanish guy completely wasted threatening everyone. All the locals avoided the bar but I was astounded to see a couple of northern European women enter the bar as if he was a normal person. There are some people who just don-t see what is happening around them, they have usually bought off plan property.