Do I set up a limited company????

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Pentaqua

Do I set up a limited company????

Postby Pentaqua » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:26 am

When we eventually get to Spain (should UK housing market pick up again), I want to do some sports coaching on a limited scale - certainly not full time.

Do I set up as a limited company, or whatever the spanish equivalent is bearing in mind sports accidents do happen or just rely on a very good public liability insurance policy? Or do I run the business through my UK company which I will keep going?

Similarly, do I register for IVA or keep claiming through HM Customs & Excise back in the UK? With a pool costing around €30k+ IVA, claiming it back would be very nice.

Comments please????

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:24 pm

I'm sure you'll receive some more in depth answers to your question but one point to consider is that if you are going to be resident in Spain for tax purposes ie you spend 183 days or more per year here then you, technically, are supposed to pay your taxes etc in Spain, and this will include being registered for IVA. There are probably ways round it though, if you maintain a UK company, as I'm sure somebody will know.
The simplest way to work (unless you can get employment) will be to become self-employed, but be aware of the high social security payments associated with this.
There is a way to continue making UK NI contributions instead of Spanish for up to 2 years, if you can prove to the IR that your move is not permanent and you maintain business links to the UK. There is detailed info on the IR website about this.

mark
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mark » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:49 pm

A pool for 30k, what size is this. Olympic?

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:12 pm

I have a limited company (S.L) in Spain & it cost me over €2k to set up. Are you looking to employ people? - If not you might want to think about being a sole trader.

I did a lot of research & I'll see if I can find some of the sites I used for info & PM them to you.

Good Luck & I'm sure we'll all look forward to an invite to swim your pool 8)