using UPS Delivery service

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

using UPS Delivery service

Postby surfjabroni » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:04 pm

hi, I am 'waiting' for UPS courrier to delivery to my address. Its on an urbanization that has been here for 8 years, i have provided the full address as per all bills and on the deeds. they still can´t verify it and therefore havent delivered. Can anyone suggest a website that comprehensively has all streets for La Barrosa in Chiclana de la Frontera?
I have checked on the web and the closest i can get is viamichellin.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It is a computer delivery. I won´t name this international company but if you want to know who they are and my views, PM me and i will let you know!!!
thanks in advance
andy
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:59 pm

Hi Andy
Have used UPS in the past and found them OK. However, although it should be easy to find an urbanization address, they wont exactly jump through hoops. I have a similar problem as my house is in the campo and so can get nothing delivered direct. Have resolved the problem by having delivered to either a local friendly bar, shop or estate agents, as near to a main road as possible, and who are open during business hours.
May be worth a try.
Hardworking resident !!

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:49 pm

Have you thought of getting it delivered instead to Mailbox ETC in CC Miramar, Barrosa, opposite La Union? I've used them over the last couple of years for delivering and sending parcels of exam papers to UK lots of times as my address is not easy for the postman to find either. At least you don't have to wait in for the postman. I doubt if you need hire a buzon if just for a parcel.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:25 pm

I have had the same problem with computer deliveries from Dell. They are not at fault, it is the UPS "white van man" that creates the problem - they just can't be bothered to look for you unless it is blindingly obvious!

The UPS drivers seem reluctant to use a mobile phone and ring you when they can't find you. They just use their fancy online handheld PC to say you were out when they called!

The best bet is call the UPS office (you can find your local one on the UPS site) and arrange to get the driver to phone you and arrange a convenient location to meet you.

Sid

amheuwr
Andalucia.com Amigo

online maps

Postby amheuwr » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:35 pm

I also use viamichelin but sometimes it doesn't quite do what I need so I then use Map24. Don't be put off by the UK part as it works great for Spain as well.

Sue C
Tourist

Postby Sue C » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:30 am

But we thought you used Venta Luna for all your correspondence? Does this mean you are using two addresses?

surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby surfjabroni » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:26 pm

the UPS delivery turned up, not on the day it was expected either. I am not convinced by the service as the date stamp on the Box said they must have had it for 2 weeks!!
Andy
a bad day in the water beats a good day in the office.... nos vemos en la cresta.. xx andy

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:53 pm

Glad you got it in the end surfjabroni - better late than never I suppose

Did the postal code I sent you help - it would be handy to know for future reference for us?

Zoe

surfjabroni
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby surfjabroni » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:46 pm

to be honest zoe, the only thing that got it too us was calling them up everyday and moaning to them... There wasn´t a specific problem with the address.... only the firm that delivers..... ;-)

andy