WORD OF WARNING - GRANADA AIRPORT

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

WORD OF WARNING - GRANADA AIRPORT

Postby anewlife » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:07 pm

2 months ago, some friends we had met arrived into Granada airport and the lady had her handbag stolen, containing passports, money and credit cards.

This evening, my partner dropped off my parents at the airport and stopped for refreshments at the bar on the right hand side on the road to the airport after leaving the main autovia. Guess what - the car was broken into and all the luggage stolen. They were in the bar for a mere 15 minutes. Perhaps the English number plate attracted these scumbags, but BE WARNED! Granada airport is now being targetted by the looks of it by opportunists!! :x

Anyone else had any bad luck at Granada airport??

jennym
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jennym » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:22 pm

Hi,
My friend's mum had a similar problem at MALAGA airport. While she was waiting for her cases off the carousel, somebody stole all her personal belongings from her trolly. It contained all her personal belongings like her purse, passport, keys to her villa etc etc. They must have felt a tinge of guilt because the bag was found a few yards away from the carousel with her disabled documents in it. However, she was told by a policeman that this area is been watched very closely by the police as they think it is internal staff doing it!