FIJO-DISCONTINUO

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

FIJO-DISCONTINUO

Postby patricia » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:57 am

Does anyone know of a site giving explaining the law on fijo-discontinuo work contracts. I want to know if it is legal to up or down these contracts or change them in any way and any other law in respect of these contracts :lol:

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:48 am

Patricia, out fo interest what type of works contract is a 'fijo-discontinuo'?

Is it similar to a JCT in the UK?

I ask because I am at the design stage of a new build project and it would be helpful to know what form of works contracts are available... and also whether a formal specification/tender/contract award process is the norm here or it is all rather more casual?!

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:40 pm

Patricia is referring to a type of employment contract (I think!). Patricia - does the contract of employment not define what can and can't be changed?

Re building contracts. There are 2 types in common use: Contrato de obra a precio alzado (fixed price contract to you and me) and Contrato de obra de unidad de medida (remeasurement contract).
It's entirely up to you and your architect to decide which to go for. The more formal you keep it all the better - the less chance for "misunderstandings".