Wedding........

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Wedding........

Postby poshtotti » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:17 pm

Hi

I'm getting married!! - Wooooo Hoooooo, sorry thought I'd share that with you all because I'm so happy & excited.

OK.....Gotta find a venue & it's got to be near home - 30km radius of Marbella/Estepona)

We're thinking of a civil ceremony, which, from what I've read shouldn't be a problem over here, neither of us are resident.

Has anyone got any suggestions for a venue for circa 60 guests (I don't like that many people :wink: )
We love the idea of Monda Castle, but cannot find out how to go about enquiring about hiring it (nothing in google search). Somewhere classic & chic with good food, even a nice hotel, but where?!?! Any ideas would be a great help as I just don't know where to start.

Thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:56 pm

Congratulations!

Telephone number for Castillo de Monda is 952 457142 and email address [email protected]

yummymummy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby yummymummy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:40 pm

Congratulations ... Easiest bet is to get married at the registry office in Gibraltar. When I tried to get married in Spain the sheer volume of paperwork got me down. Gibraltar can have it all sorted with 24 hour notice (if you want)!

Best of luck.

geegee
Resident

Postby geegee » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:12 pm

Congratulations too, great news!

Don't know your castle, but sounds fab. Some hotel ideas:

Molino del Arco, Ronda:
Its definitely in the 'classic, chic and tasteful' bracket, although the surrounding countryside is a bit nondescript. Has a lovely internal courtyard, fabulous modern spanish cuisine (tastes as good as it looks) and lots of grounds for the wedding pics on the lawn...might be able to cater for 60. Its a bit new so has yet to aquire that 'comfortable patina' but lots of partying people would soon change that.

Casa Califa, Vejer de la Frontera
A bit different and really atmospheric, made of 3 townhouses. Great moroccan-inspired food, trendy, relaxing, informal and hugely romantic. Vejer great for exploring. For the authentic vejer wedding experience see www.anthonyandclara.com - most amusing!

Most of the nicer, smaller hotels like the above are probably summer-only venues as they tend to rely on courtyard dinng for larger numbers, so depends when you are having your big day.

There is always the Hotel Bobadilla of course (comes complete with own wedding chapel, village square, choice of 3 restaurants, amazing gardens, biggest pool I have ever seen, quad biking, horse riding, you name it - so lots of pre and post-wedding fun to be had). However, your prospective groom would need to feature in the sunday times rich list to afford it, I guess!

Happy hunting!

nikki
Tourist

wedding

Postby nikki » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:55 am

CONGRATULATIONS AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PLANNING. MY FRIEND IS ALSO CURRENTLY PLANNING HER WEDDING HERE FOR NEXT JUNE. SHE IS HAVING THE OFFICIAL WEDDING IN GIB MID WEEK AND THEN A PROPER WEDDING WITH BLESSING ETC AT THE KEMPINSKI HOTEL. THEY HAVE AN EXCELLENT SELECTION OF PACKAGES AVAILABLE AND THE ONE THEY HAVE CHOSEN IS 90 EUROS PER HEAD INCLUDING A FULL BARBECUE AND DRINKS ALL DAY TILL 12 AT NITE. THEY PROVIDE EVERYTHING FROM THE FLOWERS TO THE CAKE TO FLAMENCO DANCERS AND DISCO. THEY ALSO HAVE A REDUCED PRICE FOR KIDS WITH A DIFFERENT CHILD FRIENDLY MENU WHICH ALSO DRINKS ALL DAY. sOFT OF COURSE

Heather7
Tourist

Postby Heather7 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:20 pm

Check out this website fiestasol. They are fantastic wedding planners based in Marbella and we used them for our wedding.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:48 pm

Heather7 wrote:Check out this website fiestasol. They are fantastic wedding planners based in Marbella and we used them for our wedding.
Hi heather, interesting subject this, I'm planning to get married next year, though no dates been set, my fiance has expressed a wish to get married in Spain, would you mind giving me all the info, did you have to be resident for a certain period, did you get an english service etc, any info you can supply would help, thanks, Toper!

Heather7
Tourist

Postby Heather7 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:46 pm

Hi there,
Well, I was marrying a Spaniard so we had a civil service - but you do have to be a resident for that. Most couples have a ceremony in Gibraltar and then a blessing in Spain which is exactly like a wedding ceremony with vows, exchange of rings etc - just not legally binding.
Regards

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:47 pm

Muchas Gracias!

jules 2
Andalucia.com Amigo

wedding...

Postby jules 2 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:38 am

congratulations! :D

'Cortijo Los Canos' in Pueblo Nuevo de Guadiaro (very close to Estepona) is a gorgeous venue for a wedding party - In the classic Cortijo style, there are 2 restaurants surrounding a beautiful central courtyard garden with plenty of space for a party of 60. Olivier who runs it used to manage the restaurant at Valderrama golf club and he is absolutely charming. We go there every year for Christmas day and the food is excellent. They do have a website - Google 'Cortijo los Canos Publo Nuevo de Guadiaro'.

Also, not far away from here, on the road out from Guadiaro to Jimena is a new hotel which has been very cleverly made to look like an old monastary - this one even has its own chapel and definitly conducts wedding ceromonies. Can't remember the actual name of it but it definitely has the spanish word for monastry (monastario?) in it. Inside, the place is stunning, we stopped off there on our way back from Gaucin in June and will defintely go back. They were actually setting out rows of chairs next to the swimming pool for an open air wedding when we were there.
Good Luck!
jules 2

donna bagnall
Andalucia.com Amigo

monda castle

Postby donna bagnall » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:43 pm

We went to a wedding at monda castle june of this year. It was a beautiful place. Our friends are english but live in Coin and booked the whole castle from 4p.m to the following mid day. I think they have 25 rooms. The ceremony was lovely. Cannot find a single fault with the place, food was excellent, good wine etc. Cannot remember how many people were there but i would say around 50 - 60 think the whole lot cost between 18 and 20000e all in. :lol:

Jade138
Resident

Re: Wedding........

Postby Jade138 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:21 pm

poshtotti wrote:Hi I'm getting married!! - Wooooo Hoooooo, sorry thought I'd share that with you all because I'm so happy & excited.

O
Congratulations Posh :P
Friends multiply joy and divide sorrow

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:24 pm

Thank you so much for such a great response! - You've given us so many options to look at.....I love the idea of Monda Castle, my better half is away at work at the moment, can't wait until he's back to go visit all these places......&.......free meals (tasting sessions) for a couple of weeks, ha ha ha :wink:

Thanks again :D