problem with sharing a well

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
campo babe
Resident

problem with sharing a well

Postby campo babe » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:58 am

I don't know if anyone out there has experience of sharing a well.
The developer put in a well and it has pipes running to 8 plots/properties. Two of us are here full time. Two houses are holiday homes. One house now has its own well and is off the system. The others are plots with no building on them.
The developer wants us (the residents) to take over the running of the well, i.e. pay for the electricity, breakdown expenses etc. In fact he asked us to do this about 18 months ago, but the person whose land the well is on is arguing that the well is to be shared between 3 plots and not 8! She is taking legal advice on this point.
Has anyone any experience of setting up a committee to share a common resource?
We have also been told that no more wells are to be dug on the area we are in. Has anyone any knowledge of this,i.e. is it a local issue or an Axarquia one?
Thanks for any advice.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:54 am

If the details of the community well is not in your escritura, you all need to form a community and make a "deed" for the well, where you will all be responsible for the upkeep.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.