Driving from Madrid - Malaga

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Ashcroft
Andalucia.com Amigo

Driving from Madrid - Malaga

Postby Ashcroft » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:06 pm

We'll be taking the route down from Madrid to Malaga next week and haven't driven this before. Me and the dog get a bit car sick on bendy roads and were wondering what the drive was like. According to the AA routeplanner it will take about 6 hours... is this about right? Are the roads as wibbly-wobbly as they appear to be on the map?
Would welcome any advice from seasoned travelers.
Thanks
Chris

poshtotti
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poshtotti » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Hi Chris

We've done the drive a few times & it's no hassle. If you're not having to drive from the North the roads are pretty good.

The last time we did it, it took us under 6 hours at an average speed stopping for fuel 3 times thanks to my thirsty car. We did it in convoy & I led the way, should say something about how easy it is?!?! :roll:

If you have a look at viamichelin.com personally I think it's a good comparison to the AA route planner. I can't remember there being too many wibbly wobbly bits, only about an hour before you hit Malaga. 96% I would say is on long straight motorways.

Good Luck!!

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:12 pm

The road from Madrid to Mãlaga section (1) Madrid to Cordoba is road no four, it will be posted in roman numerals ie 1V, from Cordoba tp Mãlaga it changes to rd number 331 it's a pretty straight road the whole way with no sharp turns, it shouldn't take more than five hours depending on how fast you drive!