Cowboy removal companies

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Smev

Cowboy removal companies

Postby Smev » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:55 pm

After many years of owning my own removal company here in the UK, i decided to take a look at venturing into opening an office in Spain.

After just 6 weeks of research on the costa Del sol,i was shocked, i mean completely shocked...

There are so many,so called removal companies out there claiming to be pro's and offering a first class service,that are complete amateur's its almost beyond belief.

I have seen with my own eyes,customers belongings being mixed up with others that are just stacked on the floor of a warehouse to the extent it was impossible to tell who's was who's.
i have heard with my own ears from listening to conversations between the owners quote " rip them off for what you can" unquote.

Customer service is right out the window and no one seems to care, Very few have any kind of insurance although, they will tell you they have... and almost all effects leaving the UK is subcontracted... visa versa with Spain...

I would like to hear from people that have had a bad experience with there removal company, it might be a good idea to list the cowboys..

Cheers

Kev

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:46 pm

Hey, Kev, have you thought of starting up here?

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:25 pm

Of course he has, this is the pre-advertising feeler.