Sanitas or Provision?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Alan-LaCala
Resident

Sanitas or Provision?

Postby Alan-LaCala » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:52 pm

We have narrowed the field for health insurance down to these two providers.

Anyone care to share their views (good or bad) of the service they provide?

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:54 pm

No experience of Provision but we have been with Sanitas since they took over our original insurer in the mid-1980s and have no hesitation in recommending them.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:14 pm

We have been with Prevision for the past 4 years and have no hesitation in recommending them.

We have used our cover twice for GP visits - so easy just handing over a Prevision cheque rather than having to pay out and reclaim money.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:56 pm

I can agree with Brenda about Prevision Medica. They are much cheaper than the others and continue full cover after 65 without an increase in premium. You do have to pay a Euro or so for each visit but this keeps the costs down. We pay about 1200 euros for 2 of us for their full cover.

However if you live outside Malaga province their coverage of doctors and clinics etc is very limited.

Sid

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

Which one ?

Postby meseta » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:51 am

We have no experience of Prevision, but our limited use of Sanitas has been excellent, no complaints. For us, age 54 and 42, non smokers, 900 euros a year.

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:24 am

Sanitas may be a great provider of health cover, but if you have a long term chronic condition like me (well controlled diabetes) they won't touch you with a barge pole! Not even with an exclusion on the condition. So if you are 100% fit and well they're great, but I expect that doesn't apply to a lot of us.
Also read somewhere that Sanitas did dental cover, any one any info on that.

lis48
Resident

Postby lis48 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 am

I found a way round that Jane Grant, was to join BUPA International for one year and then transfer to Sanitas. Once Bupa accept you with a chronic illness albeit with an exclusion, Sanitas after a year with Bupa will take you over with the same exclusion. Expensive for one year but worth it I think. Yes we have dental with Sanitas for around 6 euros a month but it doesn't cover any cosmetic work, just cleaning, extractions and basic fillings.