Double Garden Gates

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
curatokid
Resident

Double Garden Gates

Postby curatokid » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:56 pm

I need to buy a couple of metal gates for my drive entrance, they would be 2 x 2 metres wide and would be better if they had the posts already fixed, I would appreciate any advice as to where I can buy them in the Malaga / Antequera area.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:23 am

We had 2 x 2m double gates made and fitted earlier this year. Although we live at Lake Vinuela the craftsman (English) lives in Granada province and is prepared to travel to various areas so may be able to help you. He is an excellent workman and huis prices are more than competitive. PM me if you would like his name and number.

tom floyd
Tourist

Postby tom floyd » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:31 am

Friends of ours had gates made by a chap in Archidona...very reasonably priced and well made too.I'll ask our friends if they still have the phone number and contact you soon.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:03 pm

a spanish company will be cheaper ;)

i would say, drive about and find a metal work place local to you, they should all be about the same price. do a drawing of what you want, with sizes, and show the girl (normally a girl) in the office. ask "quanto vale para hecho esto porton?" and see what she says. she will probably take the drawing downstairs and show the floor manager, and then come back with either a price or take your telefone number and call you later in the afternoon.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:35 am

Agree with Spanish Lad, going local is a very cheap option. Keep an eye in the papers etc as you quite often find second hand gates for sale and at reasonable prices.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:48 pm

Thanks guys for all the advice.