Claims Lawyers in Spain?

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Claims Lawyers in Spain?

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:25 pm

Does anyone with a Spanish TV know if there are any adverts for compensation claims companies?

It has been established that our 6 month old Whirlpool dishwasher was the cause of our house fire.

We had a technico to the house twice since buying it as was not following the programme each time he blamed us and said was nothing wrong with machine.

I dont have the will to do it myself but would pass it on to a company as my losses are far greater than the insurance will cover.

Mike

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:30 pm

That's bad news Bongtrees, I don't know diddley about the law but I reckon Whirlpool must be ultimately responsible due to their faulty product,it might be worth leaving the washer exactly where it is until the claim has been processed, there must be some lawyers out there who'd be glad to get their teeth into this, maybe El cid or Beachcomber could step in here and give you some advice, hope you get lucky!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:00 pm

adverts for compensation claims...no..never seen one
You need a professional to sort this one out (who sometimes work on commission basis) and the first step would be to make an official denuncia to Whirlpool...take photos get eye witnesses and insurance company report, keep bills and every bit of paper of proof.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:07 pm

A couple of months ago there was an item on local radio stating a women had been electrocuted because of a faulty dishwasher and I am almost certain it was a whirlpool, sorry I can't be more specific.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:53 pm

The first step is the OMIC ( Oficina Municipal de Información al Consumidor) office in your local Town Hall.

You will also need to make an entry in the libro de reclamaciones (complaints book) of the supplier of the dishwasher.

Bongtrees
Andalucia Guru

Postby Bongtrees » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:34 pm

Beachcomber wrote:The first step is the OMIC ( Oficina Municipal de Información al Consumidor) office in your local Town Hall.

You will also need to make an entry in the libro de reclamaciones (complaints book) of the supplier of the dishwasher.
Beachcomber and everyone,

Many thanks for all the advice and input.

In my attempts to locate the death by dishwasher I found the story but it was the fault of the builders/electrician.

Also came across this site listing deadly but true events involving everyday household objects

http://www.rubberchickenforthesoul.com/ ... ytogo.html

Mike

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:58 am

Mike I'm impressed that you found the other news item. I couldn't find anything, give me a tip as I am useless even with google.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:39 am

katy, just click on the website highlighted on Bongtrees post, when it's open just scroll down, it's there somewhere!!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:01 pm

Thanks Uncle sid :)

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:30 pm

just seen this one on TV http://www.legalitas.com/quees.htm
seems you pay a annual fee 75€uros I think it said and have any one of their 500 lawyers sort out your problems..you could send a mail to see if they speak English.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:06 am

katy wrote:Thanks Uncle sid :)

Katy, now lets get this clear. He is Syd - I am Sid

For a small fee I could be your uncle too!

Sid