Leaking Solar Panels

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Marina
Resident

Leaking Solar Panels

Postby Marina » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:26 pm

My solar panels have started dripping onto the terrace. The drip has been there for over a week now but is getting worse. Quite a lot of water is coming down. Does anyone know why this might be? Is there anything I can do about it? I have no idea who installed them, so do I call out an installation company or a plumber? Thanks.

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:58 pm

Sounds like a joint has sprung a leak so probably a plumber.
Grouser

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:03 pm

Concur with Grouser sounds more like a leaky pipe than a split panel. If the panel was split then the efficiency of your system would be very noticeable ie not very hot water etc. However, get a panel fitter to check out the system as he would know about the entire system.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:16 am

thats true, the leak could be coming from anywhere on the panel, but the water is only dripping onto the terrace because that is the lowest point on the roof so it comes over there, if u see what i mean.

i´d call a plumber, or get up there myself and see if i can see where the leak is coming from, then decide if it is a pipe or the panel and who to call.

is there no1 that can look for you ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:03 pm

Are you sure its a leak and not condensation?
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:18 pm

Thanks for the replies. The water seems to be coming from an overflow pipe, but there's far too much water for it to be normal overflow. There must be something wrong somewhere.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:28 pm

Marina wrote:Thanks for the replies. The water seems to be coming from an overflow pipe, but there's far too much water for it to be normal overflow. There must be something wrong somewhere.

solar heating has an overflow ? isn´t that for when it gets too hot? or perhaps the pressure is too high for the panels and if they are scaled up then it would overflow?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.